Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Iron Range Toyota Sucks!!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
b2200srunnin is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
b2200srunnin's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Iron Range Toyota Sucks!!!!

I got my oil changed at Iron Range toyota in Virginia, MN about 2 months ago. Today I washed my truck and somthing told me 2 pop the hood. When I opened her up I was shocked at wut I saw. There was oil all over everything on the drivers side of the engine bay. It took me a minute to find where it was coming from but the oil cap was off. It was sitting between the battery and the master fuse box. The dealerships service department must have forgoten to put it back on before they handed me the keys back. Ived done moved to a new town and since the oil change was so long ago probally cant get anything done about it anyway. I dont recommend that dealer to anyone
Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear. Perhaps a call to the service manager is in order?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2200srunnin View Post
I got my oil changed at Iron Range toyota in Virginia, MN about 2 months ago. Today I washed my truck and somthing told me 2 pop the hood. When I opened her up I was shocked at wut I saw. There was oil all over everything on the drivers side of the engine bay. It took me a minute to find where it was coming from but the oil cap was off. It was sitting between the battery and the master fuse box. The dealerships service department must have forgoten to put it back on before they handed me the keys back. Ived done moved to a new town and since the oil change was so long ago probally cant get anything done about it anyway. I dont recommend that dealer to anyone
I dont know but i think you wouldnt have a drop of oil left in your engine if it was like that for 2 months
Old 11-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2200srunnin View Post
Welcome to TW!
Sorry to hear about that, yeah there is a lot of people on here that recommend and do they're own oil changes including myself.
You should have called them up and had them clean out your engine compartment and get a refund on the oil change, that is a lot of BS that they did that, I would be mad as hell.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that sucks! These are the reasons I dont take mine to a dealer to do anything there techs are normally sub par with my experiences having bought several new cars with the warranty packages there service techs seem clueless at dealers a lot of times. Subaru's were horrid let me tell you, I have not experienced toyotas nor do I want to but thats just a personal preference!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
you didnt pop the hood for 2 months??!! i check my oil and inspect the engine bay at least every fill up....
Old 11-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
you didnt pop the hood for 2 months??!! i check my oil and inspect the engine bay at least every fill up....
Really? That seems a little extensive.. Im sure I have gone 2 months before popping my hood at some point in my driving life...
Old 11-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
did you ever smell oil burning? but agreed bottom line is either they didnt put it back on or didnt tighten it. Either way they arent going to do anything for you...BASTARDS!!! another dealer screwing another customer.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Really? That seems a little extensive.. Im sure I have gone 2 months before popping my hood at some point in my driving life...
really...for reasons just like this, it would only have been 350 miles MAX until i would have caught this problem. what if the OP never did pop the hood that day, lost all the oil, then seized the engine?! its always good to know that my vital fluids are good to go for my machine!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #10

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
really...for reasons just like this, it would only have been 350 miles MAX until i would have caught this problem. what if the OP never did pop the hood that day, lost all the oil, then seized the engine?! its always good to know that my vital fluids are good to go for my machine!
For sure no argument here but every fill up is kinda a lot well at least for me I would be popping the hood 2 to 3 times a week just with fill ups lol. I wheel a good bit and check it before those trips or longer than normal driving times.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #11

^ yea, well i only fill up once a week, and have nothing else to do while i wait for the gas to pump, so i check my engine!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
hardattack is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
hardattack's Tacoma Gallery
I am sorry that that happend to you. But I am sure it was a mistake no one would have done that on purpose. Everyone makes mistakes. Thats why they tie the gas cap on to the gas door with a string now. You ever accidentally left the gas cap off after filling the tank? Maybe not. But so many people have they now tie it on
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yea that sucks hopefully your truck didnt run too long with out oil
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
b2200srunnin is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
b2200srunnin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
did you ever smell oil burning? but agreed bottom line is either they didnt put it back on or didnt tighten it. Either way they arent going to do anything for you...BASTARDS!!! another dealer screwing another customer.
never smelt oil burning or anything as far as that goes. most of the oil was on the bottom of the hood and on the break fluid resivor. hardly any oil on the lower fender well.

as far as changing my own oil hassle foe me to keep everything need for an oil change and I dont always have a place to change it at. I move about every 3-4 months going from job to job. dearlerships are convenient for me. my dealership where i bought it from is excellent and i know the people that work there
Old 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
All i keep is a filter wrench and a drain pan and use a 14mm(i think) which is included in any basic tools. To me its actually more convenient. Id rather spend 10mins changing my oil then 45mins waiting for someone else to do it. my .02
Old 11-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #17
2yr Old Co-Pilot
nharkey85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Neil
nharkey85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardattack View Post
I am sorry that that happend to you. But I am sure it was a mistake no one would have done that on purpose. Everyone makes mistakes. Thats why they tie the gas cap on to the gas door with a string now. You ever accidentally left the gas cap off after filling the tank? Maybe not. But so many people have they now tie it on

yet you wouldn't believe how many vehicles i see with the cap hanging out of the filler door.

on point...yea it is more convenient to take it to a dealership in the OP's case. I just crossed 20K in my rig, probably wont see the dealership again just for oil changes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All i keep is a filter wrench and a drain pan and use a 14mm(i think) which is included in any basic tools. To me its actually more convenient. Id rather spend 10mins changing my oil then 45mins waiting for someone else to do it. my .02
quoted for troof
Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nharkey85 View Post
yet you wouldn't believe how many vehicles i see with the cap hanging out of the filler door.
Which is when the CEL comes on. Gotta double-idiotproof & reverse-idiotproof everything these days. Lots of attention defecit running rampant. Pandemic even. Gotta stay super vigilent to minimize it's possible occurrence in everything you do that has any other people involved FTW...........
Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #20
coldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to behold
coldcanuk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Takes me longer than 10 minutes but I agree. The dealerships here are over $100/hr labour and the oil changes are done by 16 year old kids.......

I just wish they'd placed the oil filter in a similar location to the FJ. Everytime I see the FJ oil filter location, I think it's genius. Nothing like a Gen1 oil filter that's been tightened to death and trying to get it off.