1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nbktx88, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 4:10 AM
    nbktx88

nbktx88 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Recent purchase of a 2010 Double cab long bed TRD SPorts and Tow Package Tacoma in Pyrite Mica. The other evening noticed no lights in the glove box, center storage box, and lower area where outlets are.

Does anyone have any experience in having lighting installed in those areas. I thought is strange that with all the thought that Toyota engineers put into the interior design, that they left out a glove box light.

Any assistance would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

2. Nov 16, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i agree,lighting sucks on these trucks.

3. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 Guest

4. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    If you know how to solder pick up a few superbright LEDs, some resistors and tap into a 12V power and ground wire

5. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    SportyTuRD

SportyTuRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    even cheaper and no resistors, buy some cheap old car LED "cigplug ricer lights" $5-$10 at wal mart and dismantel them down to the individual LED...These are usually set for 12 volts and you don't have to worry about getting resistors correct...I had some "plate light bollts" that i tore apart and hardwired straight to 12 volts in my Glove box...Just drilled a tiny hole and just glued a ring around from the rear...Hidden and lights up the whole glove box area. I used 2 white LEDS and it was more than enough put a switch inside the glove box to shut them off.I wanted to find a spring like switch to hook to the glove box door but no luck....just 1 would have done the trick but i installed during the day didnt realize how good they worked...

Products Discussed in

To Top