Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where to place an inline fuse for aux lights?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
BSP4x4
BSP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Where to place an inline fuse for aux lights?

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to place an inline fuse for reverse lights.

This is how they are wired now:

Batery
|
|
RELAY-----------Lights
|
|
Switch
|
|
Fuse Tap
|
|
Fuse Box
Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
close to the bat
Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
BSP4x4
BSP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! Your always there to answer my q's!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandpearl4x4 View Post
thanks man! Your always there to answer my q's!
np
Old 11-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
This is what I came up with.

Lots of room to grow and add circuits.
Nice! Really cleans it up.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #9

i need to add one of those distribution blocks. I have about 5 little wires running off my battery right now and its kinda ugly
Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #10
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
i need to add one of those distribution blocks. I have about 5 little wires running off my battery right now and its kinda ugly

I purchased mine here.

http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d136.html

So far so good. I am getting ready to add another circuit.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #13
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALESRN View Post
What do you have running to all of those fuses?
For right now just the PIAA lamps and a separate fuse that supplies the power to the relays. 4 fuses to grow with

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktaco View Post
^ I am sure multiple lights. Reverse, bed, extra fogs, etc.
I plan on another set of driving lamps, bed lamps and some interior LED lamps.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I purchased mine here.

http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d136.html

So far so good. I am getting ready to add another circuit.
so how does it work? one main power going into the fuse block then branches out to all the accessories?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
so how does it work? one main power going into the fuse block then branches out to all the accessories?
I have two 14 gauge wires feeding the fuse block. Each wire feeds 3 fuses. From there the power goes to the relay or the switch that activates the relay coil.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #16

oh cool, Im ordering one right now
Old 11-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #17

i think im gonna get one like this

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ingid=45273643