Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is that a TSB in your pocket...?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Is that a TSB in your pocket...?

Based on advice from the other leaf spring TSB threads on here, I called up the Toyota 800 number (800-331-4331) and told the lady my Tacoma was bottoming out, the ride was rough when I carry a heavy load, etc. Gave her my VIN and she said there was no TSB applicable to my truck. Great.

So I head on over to my dealer to get maintenance done and had the TSB in hand. Went to the service rep, handed him the paper and said I'd like to get that done. He looked it over, checked out the numbers on my truck and said he'd order the parts today. Easy as that. Interestingly enough, he said that's the first he ever heard of this TSB. Got it scheduled for next Tuesday.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not all the dealerships have done them..... and it's a pain in the azz to convince them to do it (like you experienced).

When you find a dealership that has already performed one - it's much easier and you get less hassle.

Hopefully they'll install everything properly for you.....

It's a great improvement for sure!! I still don't understand why they're not putting these leafs in the new trucks as they come off the factory.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Gave her my VIN and she said there was no TSB applicable to my truck. Great.
Call her back and give a her BOOYAH!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Quote:
Based on advice from the other leaf spring TSB threads on here, I called up the Toyota 800 number (800-331-4331) and told the lady my Tacoma was bottoming out, the ride was rough when I carry a heavy load, etc. Gave her my VIN and she said there was no TSB applicable to my truck. Great.

So I head on over to my dealer to get maintenance done and had the TSB in hand. Went to the service rep, handed him the paper and said I'd like to get that done. He looked it over, checked out the numbers on my truck and said he'd order the parts today. Easy as that. Interestingly enough, he said that's the first he ever heard of this TSB. Got it scheduled for next Tuesday.
I really hope that you do not get up to that step, before at the end they finally say, Sorry but no, your truck does not apply to this TSB, or worst have a replacement instead of the TSB. Is it your truck an '08?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bob, make sure they install 4 leaf springs. Some places have been installing the OEM parts again.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
cycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to behold
cycledrum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It's a great improvement for sure!! I still don't understand why they're not putting these leafs in the new trucks as they come off the factory.
I'll venture a guess ... they have a bazillion old leafs laying around and they're really hoping to get ride of them quietly.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledrum View Post
I'll venture a guess ... they have a bazillion old leafs laying around and they're really hoping to get ride of them quietly.
They should sell them on ebay!! I know a lot of offroading peeps that'd probably love to get their hands on a few sets.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Hey Bob, make sure they install 4 leaf springs. Some places have been installing the OEM parts again.

yeah definitely!! i think i'd call the parts guy back and get him to read you the numbers he ordered. then if they happen to be the numbers for the stock springs........you can get him to order the right ones, and wont have to go thru the bs like some of us have!!! just a thought!!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah definitely!! i think i'd call the parts guy back and get him to read you the numbers he ordered. then if they happen to be the numbers for the stock springs........you can get him to order the right ones, and wont have to go thru the bs like some of us have!!! just a thought!!
Luckily they printed the part #s they ordered on the receipt for the service I had done, so I checked them against what the TSB showed before leaving the place.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Luckily they printed the part #s they ordered on the receipt for the service I had done, so I checked them against what the TSB showed before leaving the place.
Uh oh. I might recommend letting someone competent check the receipt.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

well then, you shouldnt have anything to worry about then....as long as they dont screw up between now and when you get the work done!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
So how did you get a TSB in hand ? I.E. paper ? I did the same and my dealer said "NEXT !"
Old 02-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #13
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
So how did you get a TSB in hand ? I.E. paper ? I did the same and my dealer said "NEXT !"
Yup, just printed out the first two pages, gave it to the guy and said I'd like to get this done. Maybe it helps that he was cool and not a prick. You can always try the 800 number or maybe go to a different dealer.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a TSB in your pocket.....

No, I'm just happy to see you
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've always been amazed at how being a nice guy and playing dumb helps. It very rarely backfires, because people who deal with customers all day, hate dealing with jerks.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the TSB done today. New front & rear shocks and the 4 leaf springs in the rear. The ride definitely feels more solid!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Woo! Congrats. Your tech guys are smarter than mine.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #18
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Which dealership did you take it to? I would like to get mine done soon.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Congratulations TC Bob, talk to them about all of us... please, just tell them how bad us ('08's) want it...

Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #20
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota of Long Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Which dealership did you take it to? I would like to get mine done soon.
Toyota of Long Beach...great service and everybody is really cool. My service rep set me up with the TSB no hassles, didn't make me load the bed with 10 guys or any of that nonsense.