1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a Clarion CX609

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gusher, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    gusher

gusher [OP] SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Anyone have this deck???

deck_19d41d9ff8ec146657f4ce894f732b6b75bd37f7.jpg

It's a Clarion CX609 and Crutchfield has it for $225. Has all the features I'm looking for: built-in bluetooth, built-in iPod control, steering wheel controls, and a front aux input. Seems like a lot of stereo for the $$$.

2. Nov 16, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    They dont have a great reputation so I stayed away from them. Instead I went with a single din alpine for slightly more. You have to realize that the alpine, pioneer, etc. decks take many more things into account than just sellable features. The one I bought has large power output, many pream outs (for upgrading speakers with amplifiers), a preamp subwoofer out, and an adjustable EQ

3. Nov 17, 2009 at 3:05 AM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
  4. Nov 17, 2009 at 5:49 AM
    rwilso03

rwilso03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Dayton
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB 4.0L 6spd Barcalona Red
    TRD Exhaust, Engine Ticking Fix, Fog Lights Anytime, Locking Center Storage, 4LO Trac Mod, Rear Spring TSB
    Agreed, I think the Kenwood would definitely be worth the extra money.

5. Nov 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Wow....I was scrolling down to type this EXACT thing when I read this:rofl:

6. Jun 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Amos

Amos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC sport
    I just got the cx609, I don't think it is really fair to compare it to the kenwood 5120. The kenwood doesn't have bluetooth, the adapter is an extra $150 and the unit is $599. So, of course it is better, but also cost more than twice as much.

The bluetooth works great on the cx609, but my main complaint is the backlighting on the display is almost as bright as the text, making it difficult to read. I have it on the amber setting and haven't played with the different colors much, but I imagine most of them are the same. It also doesn't sync my phonebook from my iphone.

7. Jun 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    excalis

excalis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I have it and it works great, ran into some issues at first but I think they were more user/installer related :)

Ugly? Looks fine to me, plus less attractive to thieves (alarm or not, if that want it they will get it) compared to a nice Kenwood DVD/screen unit or better known brand.

The sun does not affect my read out much but I have limo tint on all of my legally able windows. Used a Palm Pre, Pixi and Palm Centro with it and worked including the address book.

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top