Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a Clarion CX609

Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
They dont have a great reputation so I stayed away from them. Instead I went with a single din alpine for slightly more. You have to realize that the alpine, pioneer, etc. decks take many more things into account than just sellable features. The one I bought has large power output, many pream outs (for upgrading speakers with amplifiers), a preamp subwoofer out, and an adjustable EQ
Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Barf!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #4
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed, I think the Kenwood would definitely be worth the extra money.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
To me it seems like a lot of ugly for the $$ too.
Wow....I was scrolling down to type this EXACT thing when I read this
Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the cx609, I don't think it is really fair to compare it to the kenwood 5120. The kenwood doesn't have bluetooth, the adapter is an extra $150 and the unit is $599. So, of course it is better, but also cost more than twice as much.

The bluetooth works great on the cx609, but my main complaint is the backlighting on the display is almost as bright as the text, making it difficult to read. I have it on the amber setting and haven't played with the different colors much, but I imagine most of them are the same. It also doesn't sync my phonebook from my iphone.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
I have it and it works great, ran into some issues at first but I think they were more user/installer related

Ugly? Looks fine to me, plus less attractive to thieves (alarm or not, if that want it they will get it) compared to a nice Kenwood DVD/screen unit or better known brand.

The sun does not affect my read out much but I have limo tint on all of my legally able windows. Used a Palm Pre, Pixi and Palm Centro with it and worked including the address book.

Good luck!