1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Totota sent me this in the mail today...............

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    :D What should you do if you experience pedal interference?

1 Should the vehicle continue to accelerate rapidly after releasing the accelerator pedal, this could be an indication of floor mat interference. If this occurs, Toyota recommends you take the following actions-

1st, if it is possible and safe to do so,pull back the floor mat and dislodge it from the accelerator pedal; then pull over and stop vehicle.

If the floor mat cannot be dislodged,then firmly and steadily step on the brake pedal with both feet. Do NOT pump the brake pedal repeatedly as this will increase the effort required to slow the truck.

Shift the trans gear to neutral (N) position and use the brakes to make a controlled stop at the side of the road and turn off engine.

If unable to put the truck in (N),turn the engine off,or to ACC. This will not cause loss of steering or braking control,but the power assist to these systems will be lost.

-If the truck is equipped w/an engine start/stop button,firmly and steadily push the button for at least 3 seconds to turn off the engine. Do NOT tap engine start/stop button.

-If the truck is equipped w/a conventional key-ignition,turn the iginition key to the ACC position to turn off the engine. Do NOT remove the key from the ignition as this will lock the steering wheel.

Questions.....www.toyota.com/floormats for further info

WARNING...Read this b4 installing any type floor mat

Only install floor mats specifically made for your modle and year truck. Check for correct model name and part # on packaging label.

*never install mat if you are uncertain of model application
    *never install the mat upside down
    *only install the driver's floor mat in the drivers foot area

Always properly secure the drivers floor mat using retaining hooks supplied in the bag w/the floor mats.

Never install drivers side mat w/out all retainig hooks.

Do not install a 2nd floor mat on top of existing mats.

After instalation,always check the operation of accelerator,brake,and clutch(if applicable) pedals to assure the floor mat does NOT interfere w/them.

Carefully read the warning tag attatched to the front drivers floor mat.

2. Nov 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    MajKong

MajKong Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Seatbelt Buzzer turned off, Bed Mat, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Intermittent Wipers, Fumoto drain valve, LCE header, fog lights
    I got one, too. I'm going to check that the part number is approved for my truck and if it is, I'm not going to worry about it. If it's not, I'm going to take it out. I'm not really worried about it, though. I have a manual transmission and know how to turn a key off.

3. Nov 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I got this too. Don't really care too much since I don't have the factory mats. I have the weathertechs and I have had no problems with them at all.

4. Nov 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM
    is it windy yet?

is it windy yet? Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston On
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Speedway blue
    extang trifecta tonneau, tinted windows, side step bars, sill plates, bug deflector, TRD exhaust, K&N filter, carbon fiber CD surround, tow kit, it's a Canadian truck so the TSB 4 leaf springs and bilstiens were done at the factory, vent visors, ipod adapter, and weather tech mats.
    I am surprised they use shorthand like w/, and outright slang like b4 in a recall letter.

Products Discussed in

To Top