Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Cab vs Double Cab

Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #61
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Hehe...

I drove a DC yesterday. What's up with the rear middle head restraint? What were they thinking? Also what's up with no mechanical rear window slider?

I still thought it was good though...always nice to have lots of room.

I don't think it's possible to say which one is "better" or not. It's all about needs.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #62
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Viper: i took all the head rests out of the back. They obstruct the view way too much. If you sit in the back of my truck you'll have more than enough room but you aint gettin no head rest!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #63
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Sawdust: I was not aware they offered a "lush" pkg. that sounds right up my alley though. Do you know if it comes with a Pony keg compartment and a tap line running through the dash?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #64
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Sawdust: I was not aware they offered a "lush" pkg. that sounds right up my alley though. Do you know if it comes with a Pony keg compartment and a tap line running through the dash?
I don't think so, but check pb2themax's cardomain page. If anybody has it, chances are it's him.

Oh, and I agree about the rear headrests. I haven't taken them all out yet, but I did take out the passenger side one. It bugged me the most.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #65
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful of the "lush" package. I hear they havn't ironed out all of the foam issues you encounter when the beer bags deploy.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #66
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
A truck with a head gives me pause.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #67
swede31188 is on a distinguished road

swede31188's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by swede31188
ether motor trend or car and driver wrote up a good article on the dbl cab cornering bad truck good
Really? Did they say what they expected, what they compared with? I'm quite happy with the way my truck corners -- better than I expected. Now, I'm expecting it to act like a lifted truck, not a sports car.

If the truck had been up to me, for a commuter vehicle, I would have chosen the access cab to avoid being a taxi, but I am married with kids and need the space for them. I might have liked the long bed, but it would have been even tighter to get it in my garage, and since the dealer only had short beds in stock, it was a negotiating point. they were driving a double cab w.o. the trd pac and said steering was horrid ,i test drove one but opted to spend the money on a trd acc cab and tow pac. then again i am single so i dont have to worry about hauling kids