Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

PLEASE HELP - No Turn Signals

Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
PLEASE HELP - No Turn Signals

Ok,so i today i decided to change out my front turn signals to new led ones... I guess they didn't work....So, i put on my original ones and now i have no turn signals on both the front and the rear!! I have no clue what to do next............
Old 02-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
did you check the fuselink to se if you may have accidentally grounded it out???
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll go check it out right now. Thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Careful, many times cheap LED replacement lights
don't have an internal resistor and so they blow the fuse or blink really fast.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #5

Yup, the fuse was blown............ I'm throwing out the leds! Thanks guys for the quick responses. I just replaced the fuse and everything works perfectly now.......... lol, and yeah those were some cheap leds that i got on e-bay. I thought i messed something up bigtime!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Bubba-Jet is on a distinguished road

Bubba-Jet's Tacoma Gallery
How many Amps were the LED's rated at? Power Rating spec ?
Simple calculation : Power = Amps x Voltage
Amps = Power / Voltage
Voltage = Power / Amps
You already know 1 constant of 12v.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba-Jet View Post
How many Amps were the LED's rated at? Power Rating spec ?
Simple calculation : Power = Amps x Voltage
Amps = Power / Voltage
Voltage = Power / Amps
You already know 1 constant of 12v.
It didn't say.... I never saw any specs/ratings. I just though they would work... Oh well, i learned my lesson........lol
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
yeah, some of those LED lights need another module to regulate the voltage or current. not sure what they'll called though.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
yeah, some of those LED lights need another module to regulate the voltage or current. not sure what they'll called though.
yeah.......i've heard of that, i think its called a LED Load Equalizer.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #10
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

It's called a resistor. You can get them at radioshack.

Here's some help before you ruin any more LEDs or fuses
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/LED.htm
Old 02-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
It's called a resistor. You can get them at radioshack.

Here's some help before you ruin any more LEDs or fuses
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/LED.htm
No, there's a plug n play harness or box that has the correct resistor(s) or flash regulator for the LED turn signal bulbs so they flash normal speed without cutting, splicing, or doing the math to figure out what you need. Most places that sell the LED replacement bulbs SHOULD have that thing (whatever it's called).
Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #12

I know what you are talking about. I posted that link because a resistor can be bought for less than a buck and it's small, those adapters are somewhat bigger and cost several dollars. That's all you need to regulate flash etc. it just produces enough resistance so that the relay doesn't think the bulb is burnt out.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Bubba-Jet is on a distinguished road

Bubba-Jet's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the High End LEDS are High -Voltage low current.