1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eyball, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Feb 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    eyball

eyball [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    20 Double cab TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    Hey guys I have a couple probably easy for you to answer questions. I tried searching but did not really fine the answer.

I signed on a 2005 double cab today with SR5 and tow package. The sales man did not have the keyless entry remotes and he was not sure it even had it. The truck does have power windows/locks/mirros and it does have the fog lights, cruise control, and intermittent wipers. Can you guys tell me if this truck defenitly has keyless entry or not?

The other question is on the bed rail system. It looked like the bed rail system may have been removed. On each side of the bed near the top on the inside you have 2 inches of sheet metal that comes down on the outside of the bedliner and its paint is off. The doors all check ok and the truck did not have any accidents on carfax so I dont think it was in an accident but it did look a little wierd. The tie downs where defenitly not there. I will take a picture when I get the truck so you can see whay I mean.

Thanks
    Eyball

2. Feb 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    With the package that give all those options the keyless entry is included.

Tacomas don't have bedliners it's a composite bed. It sounds like someone cut away the top of it. I'd like to see those pictures.

3. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    It did not look cut away at all. I will have to take a picture when i get the truck and post it becuase its hard to explain and I only looked at it a little during the test drive. The only thing I can think is someone removed the rail tie down system becuase it was not there just a few screw holes along the top inside of the bed.

I figured it must have keyless entry with those options. It also has nice 16" wheels. No TRD though...:(

Thanks for the help

4. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:09 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    If you look closely at this dealer shot of the truck on the inside of the left side of the bed you can see the sheet metal painted red near the top.

5. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I found a picture of the rail in the forum. The silver part is not stock.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to soetaco for the pic.

6. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I agree with Roland, you should have the keyless entry. Look this one over good. Post some pics here. Get more feedback!!!

7. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Oh yeah, my 07 came with 3 keys. Make sure you get at least 2. Copies are expensive to have made.

8. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah it defenitly does not have the rails. They were removed for some unkown reason. No biggy as I bought the truck as-is for a pretty low price. I think so anyway. When I pickup the truck (hopefuly tomorrow) I will take some close up pictures of it so you can see. Im not worried as this is minor stuff. The truck runs/drives like new.

9. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    Sorry!! Responses before I posted. Is this a 4x4? What happened to the mud flaps? Is there evidence of a lift mod? Check front end very well!!!!!

10. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:19 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
  11. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    You know I never even noticed the mud flaps until you mentioned that. It is a 4x4 as I was driving in the snow with it in 4wheel today. I did not see any evidence of a lift and everything else looked fine and it ran/drove great.

12. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    I just looked at another one of the dealer shots and you can see ths shadow of the left side mudflap so it looks lik its just missing the right one. The truck also had a few small scratches on the tailgate and a chip in the paint right next to the rear bumper but very small and touch paint will hide it fine.

It was sold as-is. Its only been in service for 28 months so its most likely a lot of highway miles but 62,000 is just breaking in a Toyota and it was the cheapest one I could find at $18,000.

If you want to look at it, its still on the dealers site at:

http://vw.quirkcars.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=3cc96c714046381e00397cea9e847ecb

13. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    As is? 62k? for $18k? Hmmmm..... brand new, base model double cab with no missing parts retails for $22k so invoice is less, and people have gotten them for at or below invoice with some good negotiating....

No offense, but the term "as-is" scares the shit outta me.... It usually translates into "pay out the ass later" as you discover this is missing, that needs to be replaced, that? oh that's "special order only".

Good luck with it by all means, but you can see it's missing parts already and you're on your own. Who knows what else is wrong, but less obvious.

14. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I don't think the price is that bad. Maybe a tad high, but all used Toyotas seem to sell high.

And don't worry about the mud flaps, those snap off pretty easy.

15. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    Retail where I am for the base 4x4 double cab is 26,300. The blue book on this one was $21,900 or abouts so I figured for $18,000 this was a good deal. I got a full waranatee on it to cover myself. I usualy don't buy warantees on used rides as I do most of my own work on them but this was a good price and coveres everything even rental car for 3 years.

I wanted one with lower miles but I could not find anything else in a 2005 for under $20,000.

16. Feb 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Well, at least it has a warranty. When you said "as-is" i was worried... lol I was thinking the dealer waved good bye for good once you took the keys and you left the lot.

That retail seems kinda high unless it's with extra packages. I just checked the toyota website and the base retail for a DC was $22,540.

Oh and which KBB price? There's private sale, trade in and some other price. All of them are different. Then again, that's why I bought new. Prices for used were only a couple grand less than new around here, and I didn't want anyone else's problems for that small of a savings. Don't have time to fix things all the time either.

17. Feb 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    he did get the 4x4, so base retail on that is 25,500. That's why I got the prerunner.

18. Feb 22, 2008 at 9:10 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    yeah thats for a 4x2 though. The 4x4 with automatic is $25,600
    Beleive me, I would rahter have gotten a new one but if it was going to be 7-8 grand more I could not do it. Plus I needed the tow package for my boat and the Sr5 package options were a must. I really wanted TRD but could not find one in my price range that was not sold when I called.

Yeah it was not really as-is, nothing is in Massachusetts unless its really old or salvage title. They didn't give me the waranty though, I paid for it. But at least I am covered if something bug comes up.

Thanks for the info guys. Gotta get some sleep so I can try and go get my plates tomorrow.

Products Discussed in

To Top