Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vibrations

Old 11-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrations

I have a 2007 double cab with 44000 miles, I have recently developed a slight vibration kinda like running over a washboard, or like an old dirt bike with knobby's riding on the street. My old tires were factory BF Good wrench and they were wore out after 44000 miles (very disappointed in them).
I thought that might have been my problem, but after brand new Firestone Destination All-terrains, the sound is still there just the same no change no matter the speed, you can feel it in the gas pedal and the steering wheel. I am stumped after the tire change. Any suggestions?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
My truck has 50,000 miles on it and I'm about to change my front u joint. My problem was vibration too, felt like my tires were out of round or needed to be balanced. This was accompanied by a squeaking sound.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
u joint/s or wheel bearing.maybe.