Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I know that 'I' will scratch them...

Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
I know that 'I' will scratch them...

...but shouldn't 'I' be the one that does it? Send it back or suck it up?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It really doesnt look too bad...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suck it up bud...I know you paid for NEW rims with no scrathes but think of the process you'll have to go through I say fuck it And its not even noticable...they'll have worse damage than that the first time you take em out wheeling probably
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Will that brown in the 2nd pic rub off?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
x2 it almost looks rusty eh?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
2yr Old Co-Pilot
nharkey85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Neil
nharkey85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
kinda looks like some surface rust maybe.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaner wax did not take it off, only shined it up.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
If it was just the dent, I wouldn't say anything, but the surface rust I would complain about.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
TRIBE 10
jnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: F-18 E/F(Super Hornet) Aviation Electronics Technician (AT2)
Name: Jay
jnoley07's Tacoma Gallery
Id send em back, I ordered some wheels and all 4 came in damaged. It was a pain in the ass but I got my money back. Like you said you are going to scratch, not some other goon. you paid for em to look flawless. Now if they give you some nice discount it my be worth it.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go ahead and keep them....cause sending them back will be a bigger hassle. email or call them and complain(send pics if you have to) about the surface rust. they may help you out.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
OmegaMan is on a distinguished road

Army: '90-pres,Aco 2/156th Infantry, LRS Team leader G co 143rd LRSC (ABN), Secret squirrel 2004-present
OmegaMan's Tacoma Gallery
The 2nd pic looks like rust. A coating failure will only lead to problems. Send them back and let them send crap to someone else. Stand up and get what you paid for.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
deejaecee is on a distinguished road
deejaecee's Tacoma Gallery
Its bugging you enough for you to post them up on here. Send them back.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Doubt its rust on non ferrous alloys... id keep them, they will get more damaged than that when they slap wheel weights on there for balancing.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
Nope.....I wasn't there........
general61 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
general61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Doubt its rust on non ferrous alloys... id keep them, they will get more damaged than that when they slap wheel weights on there for balancing.
X2
Old 11-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
If local, send it back. If shipping it back... forget about it!
If local, get your money worth out of that rim. It shouldn't matter on your use. It's not what you paid for and the manufacturer should know of their defect. That's my two cents. There, I feel better.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #16
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming those are rims.

You must have an EXTREME attention to detail, because I wouldn't even begin to notice such tiny imperfections as that.

Seriously, looks like some dents that could be placed due to mounting.

Don't even bother.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
call them and tell them you want 10% discount on them. when i got my CO's they had scratches on them and instead of wasting time shipping back I just asked for a discount and they did it no problem
Old 11-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #19
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktaco View Post
Don't ask for anything and let them see what they can do first. Then if nothing is mentioned play hard ball. I wouldn't settle less than 20%.
good call
Old 11-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #20
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
They are sending out a replacement that I'm waiting on. Meanwhile, the other 4 rims have had tires mounted and are on the truck.

yoytoda: You were absolutely right. They gouged the inner side of the rim (flat inner part where brake dust builds up and taped weights go) when mounting them. After reading horror stories about Discount Tire and NTB I bought tires and took them to Red McCombs Toyota thinking that if they scratched them up they would take care of it being a dealership and all.

I KNOW, I KNOW, they are rims and are on a vehicle in the elements: they WILL get scratched, gouged, dented, etc. at some point. I warned the service consultant several times to be careful and to take percautions but it was to no avail. There are gouges on the inner side of the rim from the jaws clamping down on them (easily avoided with something as simple as a towel) and there were scratches in the clearcoat on the outer rim's lip. I went ape shit. The service manager offered to 'refurb' them and did not charge me the $180 for mounting, balancing, nut kit for the sensors, and programming the new sensors. I would have rather paid $180 and had someone take the time to do the job right. I know that it is not a Lamborghini or a Bugatti but I know those owners get their rims mounted without a single scratch put on them.

It all goes back to my rant about the lack of quality and craftsmanship in America. What happened to the intrinsic satisfaction of doing a job the right way?

Where's my OCD medication...