1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alarm beep for lock/unlock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bra, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Feb 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I just gotta know if the truck chirps and the blade angles to the right when you hit the lock button? :cool: :D

2. Feb 28, 2008 at 9:48 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    The 180 does not. Unless you just can`t drive in reverse, that is the way to go. Talk to Karmen. You won`t have snow under your rig. Just drop the blade and back out.
    The all terain plow that changes blade angle is just one more thing that can go south. It is still aluminum. At an angle it can be bent. You can also hurt your rig. These are not Power Wagons. They are not that strong. If you push straight you do not have that problem.
    The front reciever will fit the existing frame holes.
    The Taco can`t be towed with wheels down. So a tow bar is no good.
    You will have no other use for a frt. hitch unless you can`t back a boat.
    I have tried the Diff lock, but noticed no difference from 4L.

3. Feb 28, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hi 4x4xtrd, what do you mean when you say the switch of the led light, I don't think I have a switch, I just have a red light on the side bu tI don't have a switch. Thanks

4. Feb 28, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    You ought to have a valet red LED button that pushes in or out and lights up when you activate the security system if in the out position. Make sure it is out when you start the programing. Your's should make one chirp when you get to step #3.

5. Feb 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hi 4x4x4trd, sorry I don't have a switch it's only a red light on the left, where is situated your switch that you speak? Thanks a lot

6. Feb 28, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Mine is on the left right next to the power mirror adjustments. It is a red button that lights up that can be pushed in "on" and out is "off". If you do not have one of these you probably don't have the security upgrade or the 3200 and just the keyless entry.

7. Feb 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hi 4x4x4trd, I'm sure I have the vip rs3200+ because I have try to lock the door and after few second I have open the door and the alarm was rung, and I have paid to have this vip rs3200+. Mine too is on right of the mirror adjustement and I have try to push this button but nothing

8. Feb 29, 2008 at 5:33 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    By nothing do you mean it does not push in and out and does not move at all? If it moves leave it in the farthest out position which is "off" and use the steps below. Then at step 3 your truck should honk 1 time. The 10 second time limit is important. If the LED button does not move as mine does this won't help you.

With the 3200+ :
    1.start with the LED light switch in the off pos, out, turn the ignition key on then off.

2. within 10 sec, cycle the LED light switch to on then off three times (press and release the switch six times).

3. If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear 1 chirp indicating that they have been turned on.

4. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating that they have been turned off.

9. Mar 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Yes by nothing I want to say I can't move it, I can't push, however I'm sure I got the viprs3200, very sure

10. Mar 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    hammerdog

hammerdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have VIP3200 Plus and it does not beep either.....

11. Mar 1, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    I'm out of ideas if you don't have a valet switch somewhere on your dash. :confused:

12. Mar 1, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:

With the 3200+ :
    1.start with the LED light switch in the off pos, out, turn the ignition key on then off.

2. within 10 sec, cycle the LED light switch to on then off three times (press and release the switch six times).

3. If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear 1 chirp indicating that they have been turned on.

4. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating that they have been turned off.

As stated earlier if your LED light does not move I'm at a loss and you both are on your own. Sorry. :(

13. Mar 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    hammerdog

hammerdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I wrote it does not beep, i am referring to locking and unlocking, no beep tone like a conventional alarm .....i can set my VIP3200 to passive or non passive alarm arming using the directions, and i do hear the chirps, indicating it has been programed......My LED light indicator says Toyota security, it has a red light and what appears to be small mic, but the led light does not have an in/out position....

14. Mar 1, 2008 at 10:59 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    The above thread is for the chirps during arming (locking) and unarming (unlocking) with the remote. If you have the proper steps in the fine tuning of the programing of the 3200+ after steps #1 & #2 which are deactivating the 20 sec. "headlight on" feature during arming and disarming with the remote. I don't know what step #3 is. Step #4 is Passive arming. I am interested in which step would be for turning the "ignition on, locking of the doors". If you have these steps for the '08 VIP3200+ please do share. Thanks.

15. Mar 2, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Release the dogs.

16. Mar 2, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Guys,

Some of you are confusing the Toyota Gulf States alarm with the VIP 3200 alarm for the rest of the country.

The press the little led button on the dash is the programing information for the Gulf States Toyota port installed alarm. That may or may not be a VIP 3200 alarm, I can not knowledgibly speak to that, but if it is it's programing is different from the programing for the states that are not Florida, Texas and Lousiana.

Here are the instructions for the 3200 alarm for the non Gulf states.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1309/size/big/cat/500/perpage/24/sort/4/ppuser/643

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1308/size/big/cat/500/perpage/24/sort/4/ppuser/643

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1307/size/big/cat/500/perpage/24/sort/4/ppuser/643

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1306/size/big/cat/500/perpage/24/sort/4/ppuser/643

Thank 007Tacoma for finding this information.

17. Mar 2, 2008 at 7:18 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Adam,
    I was just going to ask what distribution center these other trucks came from. Oklaholma is also a Gulf States area. My security system upgrade on my window sticker is listed S6 and the $320 for the option made me assume that it is the VIP 3200+ installed in Houston TX after arrival from Fremont CA. Hey if you come across anything for the '08 GS trucks, specificaly the ingnition lock feature, please post. Thanks

18. Mar 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Thanks I missed this somehow. I actually wanted a front receiver for a possible winch mount or shackle for when I offroad. Recovery hooks are nice and I've used them, but I have to watch for the strap coming off. Also, I have a soft shell on my truck so I usually avoid backing up. I can use the mirrors, but around the house here with trees and kids I still look out the back window to check. The shell gets dirty so I usually just back up enough to turn around, and use the mirrors to check for trees.

I'm a little confused about you saying it wouldn't push anymore... Especially when the wheels didn't spin and engine didn't stall. I've yanked out tree stumps with mine. If I didn't pull it out the wheels spun OR the engine stalled until I got the right speed for the recovery strap to wrench out the roots. I've never had the truck not move without the engine stalling or wheels spinning. :confused:

Why can't it be towed with the wheels down? I have a 6spd manual, open diff/elocker. It's not an AWD car so it should be able to be towed. :confused:

19. Mar 2, 2008 at 8:36 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the 5 spd auto. I am sure that you can tow yours with all in neutral.
    And you could put a winch on it. But when is the last time that you needed a winch?
    The last time that I was alone and needed a boost I tied a 120 ft. climbing rope to a U joint and a tree and let it wrap around the drive shaft shaft.
    I have tow hooks. But a spring or frame part
    works fine. Or the police push bar. Which I have used to help people in the short time that I have had it.
    I light it up to do that because of policy and the liability upon which it is based. If you can`t see red and blues; you should not be driving.
    I doubt that I will need the PIT Manouver but the capability is there. I also doubt that I will need a defense pistol. But I still practice.
    I just did not feed it after it stopped. Had I, the weels would just spin. I pulled forward and hit the snowpile again and the bump got it moving.
    The Army and Forest Service can not break a Power Wagon. But the Taco is not that tough.
    One might say it is a P.U. lite.

20. Mar 2, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I needed a winch (and didn't have one) 2 weeks after picking up my truck so.....

Without a winch I now avoid situations that may lead to needing one. As such I don't go a lot places I'd like to. I want a winch bumper, but right now a plow is more practical.

Products Discussed in

To Top