Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

usa spec in tacoma

Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
usa spec in tacoma

so im reading that it continues to charge your ipod for an hour after you have turned the truck off. is there away to have it only charge when your truck is running? seems like an easy way to kill your battery
Old 11-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...An hour of trickle charge to an iPod isn't going to kill your battery. Unplug it if you are really worried.

The real downside of leaving it plugged in is it may continue to play after that hour....I would find mine dead in the AM when I go to work all the time...cause my dumbass left it plugged in.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yeah...An hour of trickle charge to an iPod isn't going to kill your battery. Unplug it if you are really worried.

The real downside of leaving it plugged in is it may continue to play after that hour....I would find mine dead in the AM when I go to work all the time...cause my dumbass left it plugged in.
but its charging....doesnt it turn off automaticly after a while?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
SportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the rough

SportyTuRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tacos View Post
but its charging....doesnt it turn off automaticly after a while?
no i only use mine in my car so it isnt much of a problem but...unless you have an aftermarket car radio with direct connect ipod that "locks the ipod" when it is plugged in the ipod will continue to run off battery power once the car power shuts down...At least that was my experience,differnt generation ipods may differ...Every time i go out in the a.m. it is lower on power and not fully charged.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I've had ipod units in a couple different vehicles for the past 5 years - that do the same..... and I haven't had any battery issues at all.

I leave mine in the truck all the time (always plugged in) and I play it all the time when I'm driving. The ipod is always charged and never really needs any charging after you turn the truck off - the ipod battery is always full.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Really? I just upgraded to a USA spec.....and mine is constantly plugged in.

What mode are you in? I wonder if there's a difference between leaving it in a certain playlist versus ipod direct mode that it'll keep playing??

I'll have to play with that and see, but I haven't had any problems with it staying on.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Really? I just upgraded to a USA spec.....and mine is constantly plugged in.

What mode are you in? I wonder if there's a difference between leaving it in a certain playlist versus ipod direct mode that it'll keep playing??

I'll have to play with that and see, but I haven't had any problems with it staying on.
I never use the Direct Mode- but I have left it in other playlist or the whole library list.

It's been about a month since I've seen my truck or played with it...but I know that my iPod would be dead in the mornings and take like 2 or 3 mins of juice before it would play.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never use the Direct Mode- but I have left it in other playlist or the whole library list.

It's been about a month since I've seen my truck or played with it...but I know that my iPod would be dead in the mornings and take like 2 or 3 mins of juice before it would play.
Weird.... When I first installed it, I did notice it wouldn't be on the same song as it was when I left. Never thought anything of it. It hasn't done that for a while though - and my ipod never got dead.

I'll play with it and see if there's any combination to that....

How old is your USA spec unit and how old is your ipod?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #10
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Weird.... When I first installed it, I did notice it wouldn't be on the same song as it was when I left. Never thought anything of it. It hasn't done that for a while though - and my ipod never got dead.

I'll play with it and see if there's any combination to that....

How old is your USA spec unit and how old is your ipod?
My iPod is HELLA old....Like 1st Gen mini. And my adapter is about a year and half old.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had ipod units in a couple different vehicles for the past 5 years - that do the same..... and I haven't had any battery issues at all.

I leave mine in the truck all the time (always plugged in) and I play it all the time when I'm driving. The ipod is always charged and never really needs any charging after you turn the truck off - the ipod battery is always full.
X2. I leave mine in all the time with no issues. Only time I take it out is in the summer time.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My iPod is HELLA old....Like 1st Gen mini. And my adapter is about a year and half old.
I wonder if it has something to do with the compatibility...

I had problems with my ipod2car & the newer ipods. The click wheel wouldn't work very well at all when plugged into the unit. Something about the newer firmware.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5th gen nano always plugged in, its always charged and off the next day. works great.