Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a photo of...

Old 02-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Hanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to behold
Name: Doug
Hanz's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a photo of...

A Double Cab Long Bed with a A.R.E. MX cap on it?

http://www.4are.com/product/mx/

I'm considering one and would like to get a better idea of how it looks. A friend of mine has a cab high cap and I can't stand up under the lift door. I spend a lot of time at the tailgate of a truck and don't want to brain myself on the lift door.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Tacomojo is on a distinguished road
Tacomojo's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help you with a pic. but I had the MX on my short bed Titan Crew Cab,,,, AND LOVED IT!!! The extra headroom it offered was just enough to make it extremely useful, without being so tall as to look dorky. I only wish the MX was offered for the DC short bed.

Good luck!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Hanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to behold
Hanz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomojo View Post
Can't help you with a pic. but I had the MX on my short bed Titan Crew Cab,,,, AND LOVED IT!!! The extra headroom it offered was just enough to make it extremely useful, without being so tall as to look dorky. I only wish the MX was offered for the DC short bed.

Good luck!
It looks like your wishes have come true :

http://www.4are.com/product/availability/ A.R.E. calls the short bed the extra short bed and the long bed is the short bed. It doesn't make sense but at least they make the caps.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
Tacoberry is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Master Sergeant; Aircraft Maintenance
Tacoberry's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the MX cap with the walk-in door feature for my short bed double (three big dogs). I actually wanted the CX cap for the even roofline look, but the walk-in door isn't offered on a CX short bed. The MX is a 4" raise over the cab roofline and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks myself. It should be in next weekend and I'll try to post pix if winter ever decides to go away.

On a side note, I saw an MX with the walk in door today on a white Dodge ram and chased him down. Says he loves it with no problems and the tall roof line is great for camping... Actually, I hope it looks better on a taco because the lines didn't flow too well with the ram he was driving.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Hanz's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

T'berry,

Thanks for the good info. I'm sure that it won't look as nice as a cab high but I always have to choose utility over looks.

Thanks for chasing that guy down and getting a positive review.

I'm looking forward to your photos.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 02-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
Tacomojo is on a distinguished road
Tacomojo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
I'm sure that it won't look as nice as a cab high but I always have to choose utility over looks.
To me, the raised roof MX makes the truck look more like a truck - instead of an SUV (with a uniform roof line that the cab-high gives). I'm sure you'll dig it!

BTW, thanks for the tip on the MX availability for the XS DC. I'll be looking into it this week.