Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push Bar or Bull Bar?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
How low to the ground is it? (approximately)
Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
How low to the ground is it? (approximately)

right at 13 inches...give or take a millimeter or two! you lose just a bit of ground clearance, but it isnt bad at all, and still room for off roading.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #23
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^A lift kit will cure that.

Looks good. I've never been into bull bars but I really like the idea now.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
yeah, thats not bad..... Thanks for the quick answers
Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
yeah, thats not bad..... Thanks for the quick answers

anytime man!! thats what im here for........well, plus for beer too!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
here is the pic i told ya about..........(camera angle was a lil off....few beers, it may look a bit crooked....but i reassure you it lines up perfectly!!).
Very cool!! Thankyou!

The stainless looks really sharp on your truck!! It really 'compliments' the stainless grill. I'll probably go with the black - simply because I don't have a lotta stainless on the truck. And the black is a little bit cheaper too!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #27
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys,

been out for a while. took vacation and workin on my newest toy......

i like bull bars, but that is my opinion....
Old 02-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #28
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
here is the pic i told ya about..........(camera angle was a lil off....few beers, it may look a bit crooked....but i reassure you it lines up perfectly!!).

I just ordered a black one from my local accessories place - got a buddy there that treats me well.
Anyone local to PA - gotta go to Car Mic in Lancaster, PA and talk to "Jeff"

Anyway - Looks like those lights are pretty close together.
Here in PA - they're not street legal if they're closer than 20" apart. No biggie...I simply disconnect them for inspections.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #29
Jake is on a distinguished road

Army: 5th Infantry Division Mechanized - MOS 16S10 E4
Jake's Tacoma Gallery
This is the more radical approach that allows for a winch if needed... http://allprooffroad.com/index.php?o...sk=view&id=117
Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #30
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I just ordered a black one from my local accessories place - got a buddy there that treats me well.

Here in PA - they're not street legal if they're closer than 20" apart. No biggie...I simply disconnect them for inspections.
That seems odd. You all don't have front plate in PA so what's it matter how close together they are? It's not like you're obscuring the plate.

I dunno about PA, but in Jersey they're not street legal period. On road any variety of off-road light KC, Hella, whoever, must be off and covered while on the road. (Not that I have ever seen someone pulled over for just that, but that is how the law is written)

Define treats you well. If the price is right I could justify a trip to Lancaster to pick up a bull bar.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

Good choice with the black. so like Mav said, what is the reason for the lights not being legal if they are closer than 20 inches? that makes no sense
Old 02-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #32
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Good choice with the black. so like Mav said, what is the reason for the lights not being legal if they are closer than 20 inches? that makes no sense
Because that's just the way it is in the Peoples Republic of NJ. There are just too many things that go on there that are unexplainable. The law books should just have one page with only two words: "NOT ALLOWED".
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #33
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is rather obvious myself. If the lights are too close together, you can only see down the road, if they are father apart, you blind oncoming cars and pedestrians.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #34
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
I think it is rather obvious myself. If the lights are too close together, you can only see down the road, if they are father apart, you blind oncoming cars and pedestrians.
Right, that's logical. Logic has no place in the Peoples Republic.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #35
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
That seems odd. You all don't have front plate in PA so what's it matter how close together they are? It's not like you're obscuring the plate.

I dunno about PA, but in Jersey they're not street legal period. On road any variety of off-road light KC, Hella, whoever, must be off and covered while on the road. (Not that I have ever seen someone pulled over for just that, but that is how the law is written)

Define treats you well. If the price is right I could justify a trip to Lancaster to pick up a bull bar.
PA is weird...and a lot of strict rules. If the lights are closer than 20" - they're considered offroad lights and have to be covered. I had a set of PIAA's on my 96 tacoma and each time I got it inspected, I'd throw on a set of covers to make them legal. I always kept them uncovered while driving around and never got pulled over. Those same PIAA's will probably go on the new tacoma.

Also - for driving lights, they can only be on with the high beams. Fog lights can only be on with the low beams.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #36
Doug001 is on a distinguished road
Doug001's Tacoma Gallery
Bully Bull Bar- cheaper and looks awesome,
Old 06-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #37
SupraMan is on a distinguished road
Name: Victor
SupraMan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to SupraMan
Anybody knows something about Outland Bull Bar 82501.23? They say it fits 05-11, and what about 12?

Products Discussed in this Thread