LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push Bar or Bull Bar?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Push Bar or Bull Bar?

Anyone have this type of bar installed????? Looks pretty tough, but i know there are a lot of other better looking ones out there.... I'm also looking at a Westin Bull Bar. Which one do you think would look better on a White Double Cab Pre-runner?

Regular Push Bar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

Westin Bull Bar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Westi...em130200325556
Old 02-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Anyone have this type of bar installed????? Looks pretty tough, but i know there are a lot of other better looking ones out there.... I'm also looking at a Westin Bull Bar. Which one do you think would look better on a White Double Cab Pre-runner?

Regular Push Bar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

Westin Bull Bar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Westi...em130200325556
Bull Bar are more universal and looks stronger. The color chrome annonys me cause it's in every single truck.. chrome chrome.
If you want a black Westin bull bar go to http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...0A1924607.aspx
Free shipping about 337.95 + KEEP15 coupon (for price for 300$ you save 15)
about 322.95$ total.
There many other style on autoanything just need to search bull bar, i trust them more then ebay. If your pretty low on funds like me there's a black aries version for 250.95 free shipping. with a MCARD coupon you can save 10$ so around 240.95. http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...0A1924607.aspx
Good luck on your decision
Old 02-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i say go with a bull bar. i have an aries and i love mine!! here is where i got mine......

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...oductId=127062

where the westin bull bar has black plastic "caps" to cover bad welds.....the aries is fully grinded and polished. plus the aries is alot cheaper than the westin.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i say go with a bull bar. i have an aries and i love mine!! here is where i got mine......

where the westin bull bar has black plastic "caps" to cover bad welds.....the aries is fully grinded and polished. plus the aries is alot cheaper than the westin.
I've been looking at the two - Aries vs Westin. I think I read that the Aries is ONE PIECE? The westin is more than one piece?

Can you confirm this?
I'd rather have the one piece design....and price makes it more appealing.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
There is a new thread with a Warn trans4er winch and brush guard, looks good. It would be worth a look.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I like the looks of the Randy Ellis light bar. And, after I get it mounted (on my white Taco), I can post some pic's. Just got it and I am making a CB antenna mount to add to it, so it may be a few days.

http://www.randyellisdesign.com/2005...0bar/index.htm
Old 02-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Personally, I like the looks of the Randy Ellis light bar. And, after I get it mounted (on my white Taco), I can post some pic's. Just got it and I am making a CB antenna mount to add to it, so it may be a few days.

http://www.randyellisdesign.com/2005...0bar/index.htm
Very nice, I saved that one in my favorites.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I've been looking at the two - Aries vs Westin. I think I read that the Aries is ONE PIECE? The westin is more than one piece?

Can you confirm this?
I'd rather have the one piece design....and price makes it more appealing.

well, i know my aries is a one piece bar, as i think westin is too. there are brackets that bolt onto the ends of the bar for mounting. i think the only diffewrence is price, and the aries doesnt have those caps to hide unpolished welds like the westins do. if i can upload a pic soon, i'll put one up for you to see.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

PERFECT!

I was looking for something like this. The bull bars just seem to by stylish, but not really functional for anything but mounting lights for me.

I was really looking for something like the PD had on their vehicles to push stuff that that need to be out of the way and protect the bumper.

Thanks. I'm ordering one.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
The Randy Ellis is one-piece and bolts to the aluminum cross-piece supports. It should be very solid.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
I like one made by WAAG, but they seem to be proud of them...a little over $500
Old 02-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I too got mine at 4wheelonline.com well worth it in my opinion customer service was very good, in my pics i have it posted it with hella 500s.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Not exactly the question you asked, but I just came across this one on auto anything by Romik.

It doesn't appear to be any appreciably different from the Westin or Aries, but from the photos I can find it does appear that the skid plate on the black one is atleast finally powder coated black as well. (Sorry but IMHO the stainless skidplate on the black bars looked retarted)

I can not find mention on either autoanything or Romik's site that mentions if they have aux light mounts, but I'll call Autoanything on Monday and find out.

Personally I'd still like one without a skid plate, (If you were going to say "take it off," there are still little mounting tabs that will be there and look bad and or cut your hands while washing and waxing the truck)but this is a close second as atleast now there is an option that does not include paying another hundred bucks or so to have the skidplate powdercoated.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I too got mine at 4wheelonline.com well worth it in my opinion customer service was very good, in my pics i have it posted it with hella 500s.
awesome!!! we got the same setup as far as bull bar/lights!!! i havent had time to wire my lights up yet though....maybe next weekend!!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
There work hella good too, went to the desert with those and man i dont know what i would have done without those.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, i know my aries is a one piece bar, as i think westin is too. there are brackets that bolt onto the ends of the bar for mounting. i think the only diffewrence is price, and the aries doesnt have those caps to hide unpolished welds like the westins do. if i can upload a pic soon, i'll put one up for you to see.

Sweet!! Thanks!

I think I'm sold on the Aries anyway. Just waiting for the warm weather. No sense in putting one on now and have it get all coated with salt spray.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
I like one made by WAAG, but they seem to be proud of them...a little over $500
The Waag is more of a brush guard and why they're more expensive. I searched their website thinking they had some new stuff (push bars, etc) - but I didn't see any.

I had a WAAG on my 96 tacoma.
I love this shot.....It was a GREAT brush guard. Worth the money!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Sweet!! Thanks!

I think I'm sold on the Aries anyway. Just waiting for the warm weather. No sense in putting one on now and have it get all coated with salt spray.
here is the pic i told ya about..........(camera angle was a lil off....few beers, it may look a bit crooked....but i reassure you it lines up perfectly!!).

Old 02-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #19
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
here is the pic i told ya about..........(camera angle was a lil off....few beers, it may look a bit crooked....but i reassure you it lines up perfectly!!).

damn.....that looks good....thats it, i'm buying a bull bar!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #20

^.......i think you will enjoy it man!!! easy as pie to install, and even easy to level up also!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread