Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

from Basic to PreRunner suspension, whats needed?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Vultite is on a distinguished road
Vultite's Tacoma Gallery
Question from Basic to PreRunner suspension, whats needed?

Hey guys, so I'm looking around for a Taco to call my own...I'm wondering, how much $$ and what would I need to get a basic taco to a PreRunner stance? would I just need bigger wheels/tires or would I actually need to flip the suspension all the way around.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultite View Post
Hey guys, so I'm looking around for a Taco to call my own...I'm wondering, how much $$ and what would I need to get a basic taco to a PreRunner stance? would I just need bigger wheels/tires or would I actually need to flip the suspension all the way around.
what exactly do u mean by the prerunner stance? I think what makes a truck look like a prerunner is wide stance (bigger tires with proper backspacing or wheel spacers) and the prerunner lean (nose up). IMO, it also needs that prerunner bumper, some lights. I dunno.

IMO, dont just go for looks, go for utility too if your gonna spend the money.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Vultite's Tacoma Gallery
well what I'm talking about is the basic xtra cab trucks sit low compared to the PreRunner which sits up a bit higher, I'm wondering if there is a difference in suspension parts or is it just the wheel and tire combo (stock vs prerunner beefier wheels/tire) All I want to do is take a basic truck like the one below and have it sit up like the second picture...

Old 11-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OOOO. I C. Yea suspension is different and wheels make a big difference. I think the truck above is sporting 245/75/16's and the one under has 265/70/16's. The truck below also has TRD suspension components like a different leaf pack and Bilstein shocks. Not sure what kind of suspension upgrades they make for 5 luggers but Im sure someone around here can answer...
Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
prerunner has the same suspension as a 4x4, base models i think have 5 lugs, and the rear differential sits on top of the leaf pack, plz correct me if i am wrong...
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Hi
welL i was just referring to whats available for him, not necessarily the truck layout, although that may help in figuring it out.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Vultite's Tacoma Gallery
Hrm, so I'm probably looking at a whole new front suspension plus rear on top of different wheels and tires eh? hrm, I may be better off trying to find a PreRunner to cut out the work...it'll end up costing the same or more anyhow...but there are a couple of guys here that just changed up the wheel and tires and they look somewhat decent...guess i got a lot to ponder about...maybe i'll save alittle longer...thanks for the info guys...
Old 11-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
why dont you just trade your truck in for a pre runner if you feel like wasting money
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
dorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to all
dorkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I may be better off trying to find a PreRunner to cut out the work
+1 like you said
Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Readylift makes a kit for 5-luggers to make it as high as a prerunner