1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How2 Tint taillights?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BulletToothTony, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Feb 23, 2008 at 1:29 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony [OP] You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Ok so i have used the search feature and cant find the best way to darken the taillights, I assume i would take it off use some sandpaper to scuff it up a little bit and then just apply however much i want to make it as dark as i want. But I was wondering if this is the best way to do it and want is the best paint to use, also if putting a clear coat on top is a good idea or not:confused:
    ...lol... i just dont know please help and tell me the best way to go... thanks in advance.
    Brett

2. Feb 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    I always use VHT niteshades works everytime and you can always add more later to make darker...also not sure on 2nd gens but on first gens you can seperate the lense from the housing and spray the inside of the lense so if you scratch the outside with a tree limb it doesnt scratch the nite shades off (touch-ups can be done but might not be perfect match)

Products Discussed in

To Top