Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How2 Tint taillights?

Old 02-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Question How2 Tint taillights?

Ok so i have used the search feature and cant find the best way to darken the taillights, I assume i would take it off use some sandpaper to scuff it up a little bit and then just apply however much i want to make it as dark as i want. But I was wondering if this is the best way to do it and want is the best paint to use, also if putting a clear coat on top is a good idea or not
...lol... i just dont know please help and tell me the best way to go... thanks in advance.
Brett
Old 02-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I always use VHT niteshades works everytime and you can always add more later to make darker...also not sure on 2nd gens but on first gens you can seperate the lense from the housing and spray the inside of the lense so if you scratch the outside with a tree limb it doesnt scratch the nite shades off (touch-ups can be done but might not be perfect match)