Notices

Waiting for my truck

Old 11-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
saskcan is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
saskcan's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for my truck

hi all.

i ordered my tacoma August 7th. It is november 20, and it just recently gained the status "in production". (had the status scheduled for production early october). When i ordered it they figured id have it by november. They wont tell me much (no estimated date of delivery yet) but i figure ill have it by mid january.

Anyone else experience this? is this out of normal wait period? I really just want my truck! sorry for venting!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
MBIGBLUE is on a distinguished road

MBIGBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
It's worth the wait.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
If its in production, likely another 4 - 6 weeks from here
Old 11-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
jd444c is on a distinguished road
jd444c's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine around 9-5-09 delivered 10-27-09. Shipped from Cal to Mass
Old 11-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if they build all body styles at the same time. Maybe they make a run of double cabs, then access cabs, then regular cabs, short beds and long beds, and then start the cycle again. It is also possible that supply was low on some component for your particular build and that held up production.

Waiting is a pain - must be good to see some progress!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
My truck was built around the first week of July, and I picked it up on July 26.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
def4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to beholddef4pos8 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: Missile Combat Crew
def4pos8's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was produced, in People's Republik Kalifornia, the week of 21 Sep. It arrived, in Ohio, 9 Oct. It won't be long.

Oh, they won't tell you the final cost until it's on the lot.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
ordered my truck beginning of October in Regina, said it would be here middle of Nov. They than later said it was expected delivered Nov 28th, they then said good news it'd be here the 17th, but they'd need a few days no matter what to prep. Now i was told (i harrass my dealer ) it'd be here next wednesday, so i am picking it up on friday.

Speaking of which, where do you find the status of your truck
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
saskcan is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
saskcan's Tacoma Gallery
status of truck

I get my status from harrasing the dealership as well
it just comes from there computer system which shows the status of the vehicle at the factory and its estimated date of arrival.

congrats on your new ride nukewater! You must be excited after all this waiting. Mine shouldnt be 2 far behind.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
wait and get what you want.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskcan View Post
I get my status from harrasing the dealership as well
it just comes from there computer system which shows the status of the vehicle at the factory and its estimated date of arrival.

congrats on your new ride nukewater! You must be excited after all this waiting. Mine shouldnt be 2 far behind.
Give your salesman sh*t on the csi that you get in the mail from Toyota. He should be calling you once a week to update you on the status of the truck.
Re: Order, production, rail, port or compound. You shouldn't have to phone him, he should update you once a week.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I couldnt imagine waiting that long, I couldnt do it. I would lose interest. I visited the dealer 3 times, test drive an access cab manual, DC sport, and then bought the DC sport lol
Old 11-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #13
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
it's here! it's here! got my call yesterday, now I begin the agonizing waiting game of waiting until Friday to goto Regina to pick it up!!