Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buzzing noise from behind glove box

Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #21
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Same here... I taped up the insulation and zip tied the wire bundle to the side of the dash but after dipping into the teens for a few days then warming all the way back up to 60ºF for a couple of days it's back. Time to have my buddy sit there and poke stuff while we drive to lunch...
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
My buzzing came back too

I have tried everything with no luck.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Maybe the buzzing is just on Silver Tacos... ILoveTacoas.... LOL..... my truck is silver too
Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Try this link, Mine was a loose bolt that is hidden in the dash. Others havehad the same problem. Best 5 minutes i ever spent on my truck.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1247480
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #25
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrackin View Post
Maybe the buzzing is just on Silver Tacos... ILoveTacoas.... LOL..... my truck is silver too
Might be! Haha!

So last weekend I spent about 2 hours under my dash tightening every bolt, wrapping every wire with electrical tape and securing every wire with tie straps. The buzz was gone for exactly 3 days (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday)....On the way to work on Wednesday morning the damn buzz came back. I am thinking it is coming from either the kick panel or somewhere behind the radio...I cannot pinpoint the area. When I have some free time I am going to go at it again.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #26
shuseman is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
shuseman's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle in dash area

I've been looking for this rattle for 5 months on my 2007 Trd Sport 4wd . The rattle sounds like a broken internal exhast pipe, a rattle in the dash, and or a motor mount. It is only at low rpm's and, goes away when you give it gas or let off the gas. And it can be very noisy when you start the truck. It seems to be worse when colder out. Very annoying.... I did all the things that the forum suggests and none of them work. Finally i found it. The air intake pipe where it goes through the apron was rattling. It is hard to detect when the motor is not running because the motor torquing slightly is what makes it happen. I pulled the pipe out and used a sawsall to cut off the end of the pipe that goes through the apron. Problem solved. I hope this helps everyone who has been as frustrated as i Was.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #27
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuseman View Post
I've been looking for this rattle for 5 months on my 2007 Trd Sport 4wd . The rattle sounds like a broken internal exhast pipe, a rattle in the dash, and or a motor mount. It is only at low rpm's and, goes away when you give it gas or let off the gas. And it can be very noisy when you start the truck. It seems to be worse when colder out. Very annoying.... I did all the things that the forum suggests and none of them work. Finally i found it. The air intake pipe where it goes through the apron was rattling. It is hard to detect when the motor is not running because the motor torquing slightly is what makes it happen. I pulled the pipe out and used a sawsall to cut off the end of the pipe that goes through the apron. Problem solved. I hope this helps everyone who has been as frustrated as i Was.
So funny, I fixed mine a wk or tow ago by shoving a match book in between the fender and the air intake.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, how many of us that have this rattle have a cai?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #29
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was intake related as well and I've posted several times my fix technique.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
msting22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marcus
msting22's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to msting22
Thanks for the info and photo's. I'll be trying it this weekend.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've found the "true" culprit in this, what I would deem an "acceleration rattle"

A recent TSB lead me to see that under the glove box there is a wire bundle that is held to the metal bracketing by a platic tab. The wire bundle and plastic tab sit very close the blower fan, just to the right.

I cut the whole plastic clip out so the wire bundle just hangs there now. Have not heard the noise since.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #32
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
my 2011 has been making a horrible squeal when I do 67-72mph and it sounds like its coming from behind the dash. Its more than annoying. I bought the damn truck brand new and I'm not laying a finger on the truck myself. They are fixing it and giving me a loaner while they troubleshoot.