1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Amp under front seat questions.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco Lover, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Nov 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    Taco Lover

Taco Lover [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 Sport (LWB) Silver
    In a few weeks I'm going to install an amp ( Alpine MRP-F300 V-Power). I want to install it under one of the front seats but after looking under the seat today I noticed the vent, will this cause it to overheat in the winter when the heater is on? Is there a way I can mount the amp without drilling holes in my truck? If anybody has pictures of their amp under the seat I would love to see them.

2. Nov 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    If it does overheat, it will just shut itself off until it can cool down. If you mounted it without drilling holes, that wouldn't really be mounting. It would just sit under the seat and might slide around a bit. But with that vent, I would mount it with spacers underneath so it can get some air flow over the top and bottom.

3. Nov 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    frozen_taco

frozen_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairbanks AK
    Vehicle:
    05 Off rd. trd acc. cab with modddds
    flowmaster 50 series delta flow dual exhaust, grillgraft mesh, BHLM, VIPER 2 way auto start, Alpine 10" type R subwoofer, Custom made sub enclosure in back, aries tube steps, K&N, 20% tint, debadged, 20"X9 panther realm rims, Nitto 420 tires, blacked out tails, visors, PIAA headlights, bug guard,
    I've got that same amp under my front seat and there is no problems and the heaters blowin every possible second.

4. Nov 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    bdwsrjoe

bdwsrjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Rio Hondo, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad 4X4
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, 3" ToyTec Lift Kit, JVC InDash DVD Player with Backup Camera, 2 10" JL Audio Subs, 8K HID Headlights, 8K HID Foglights, N-Fab Nerf Steps, In-Channel Ventvisors, springfield xd40v10, mossberg 500 12ga.
    Same here, i havent had any problems either.

5. Nov 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I tried to mount an Alpine MRP-350 under my passenger seat it really didn't fit. The seat would have had to stay in one position and not move any. So I didn't put it there.

Products Discussed in

To Top