Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has N E1 bought their HU Head Unit from Ebay with good luck?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
Question Has N E1 bought their HU Head Unit from Ebay with good luck?

Just curious as to which Pioneer or eclipse I should stay away from.

I'm looking for something simple. Double Din, Nav, pre-out, backup camera, DVD playback...

They have soem that are refurbished...like the 700 or the 710BT...

or wheres a good place to buy HU, Speakers...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean's View Post
Just curious as to which Pioneer or eclipse I should stay away from.

I'm looking for something simple. Double Din, Nav, pre-out, backup camera, DVD playback...

They have soem that are refurbished...like the 700 or the 710BT...

or wheres a good place to buy HU, Speakers...
http://www.sonicelectronix.com
Old 11-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at the AVIC-X910BT by Pioneer.

Is there a way to bypass the "stop and input direction," so one can input addresses while taco is in motion?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
For head units, I always go with Crutchfield. Yes, they aren't the cheapest but (usually) by the time you add in the install kit and wiring harness they usually end up being right on par with other places anyway. You also get install help/advice if you need that sort of thing.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #7

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
I'm now lking this one...lol

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...tp=20212&avf=N

Old 11-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
OK, apparently your budget is unlimited, lol! Good for you.

IMO, the order of best to worst when it comes to head units is: Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer, and then everything else.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
i have a pioneer avic f900bt and love it. and to bypass the gyro inside so you can watch movies or input destinations while in motion takes about 1min and a toothpick and a grounding spot.

if your going to get an AVIC unit, check out www.avic411.com for every possible mod you can do to avic units, and a few others from pioneer.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
ptsimpso is on a distinguished road
ptsimpso's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Pioneer AVIC Z110BT. I checked out a bunch before i decided on it, its definitely the best one out there IMO. I bought it from "dis_sound" on ebay. Not the best price out there, but came recommended by some friends. The z110BT can be bypassed pretty easily. Check it out, I like mine a lot.