Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4Runner

Old 11-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
4Runner

My dealer just got one of the new 2010 4-runners in and after taking a look at I noticed that the mpg ratings on the window sticker were 17/22 with the 4.0 V6. That is 2 mpg better highway mileage than the current tacoma. It sure would be nice to have that version of the 4.0 in the tacoma, not to mention the extra 30HP.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
The tacoma will get it when the re-design happens. I've driven the new 4R and the extra 30hp is noticeable over the current 4.0.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 AM   #3
roddyrod72 is on a distinguished road
roddyrod72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
The tacoma will get it when the re-design happens. I've driven the new 4R and the extra 30hp is noticeable over the current 4.0.
Did you notice the new 4.0 being quieter/smoother? If so, I wonder if that's from improved noise dampening or a smoother drivetrain.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktaco View Post
I doubt quieter, Toyota's are always a tad on the noisy side!
at 2000 rpm's my old truck sounds like its exploding compared to the 05. Good to hear the engine feels a little stronger, better mpg's to boot!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades_Of_Red View Post
My dealer just got one of the new 2010 4-runners in and after taking a look at I noticed that the mpg ratings on the window sticker were 17/22 with the 4.0 V6. That is 2 mpg better highway mileage than the current tacoma. It sure would be nice to have that version of the 4.0 in the tacoma, not to mention the extra 30HP.
Even my wifes 07 4-runner gets better mpg than my 09 Taco, I wonder if the difference has anything to do with gearing.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
could also be because the 4runner is more aero dynamic not having a bed ....
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
Another thing I noticed about the new 4-Runner is that it's running 265/70/17 tires from the factory which are an inch taller the than factory Tacoma tires, but there still using the same axle ratios 3:73. Looks like there shouldn't be a need to change your gear ratios if upgrading to a size bigger tire on a Tacoma.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
My gf's 4runner will be comming in right before christmas. I should be getting out of this shit hole town around then as well, I'll do a write up when I get a chance. When we test drove one it sure was nice! I said it before, but I doubt that the new tacoma will get the same engine in their redesign. Those new gov standard take will be pusing toyota to make newer tech, and I'm sure they'll want to be first to meet the 2017 goals. Just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #10
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I am hoping the new Tacoma will be based off this platform.

I have seen some pics of the new 4runner with manual tcase lever.
That makes sense, everything I have read states that it's based off the fj cruiser/prado.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #11
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
My gf's 4runner will be comming in right before christmas. I should be getting out of this shit hole town around then as well, I'll do a write up when I get a chance. When we test drove one it sure was nice! I said it before, but I doubt that the new tacoma will get the same engine in their redesign. Those new gov standard take will be pusing toyota to make newer tech, and I'm sure they'll want to be first to meet the 2017 goals. Just my opinion.
looking forwards to the write up. Me and the gf want to get one after we get married.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I also wouldnt be surprised if toyota keeps a close eye on the raptor sales and, if they're decent, beef up the OR model to compete.