1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone please!!!!!!! Info on beeping

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gixxer73, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM
    gixxer73

gixxer73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma double cab SR5 4x4
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.

i at least just checked both front plugs on the wheels and the wires. they were snapped in and looked good so?

checked as in unplugged poss. or checked as in gone bad?

Little truck that could........you heard of this problem with the sensors etc??

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    No, even though you turn TRAC off it automatically turns back on at 35. No way to turn it off unless you unplug one of the sensors on one of the front wheel bearings. It will totally disable TRAC and ABS but you will have ABS and TRAC lights on on your dash.

3. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    As far as the sensors go. people blame the sensors but they work fine. They are just calibrated for stock wheels. My avalanche i had was lifted 10" with 315/75-16s. Everytime i hit the brakes ABS would kick in. Even just barely hitting th brakes getting off the highway. I just unplugged one of the wheel sensors and it killed the abs/etc

4. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    Oh and i was one of those who blamed the sensors on my chevy. I replaced both wheel bearings (needed to anyway from the lift) and no luck. same thing kept happening.

5. Nov 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner LE
    TRD Pro Wheels BFG AT Tires

HaHa ThAtS NoT NiCe !!:D

6. Nov 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.
    I am happy to tell you that I believe you are wrong!!!:D:D

When I get in my truck I now press the Traction button(not That it is called TRAC on my dash but the button with the curving lines then the word "off" below it) and hold it then "auto LSD" comes on, if I continue to hold it the traction light, truck with curvy lines and off illuminates. I have to do this everytime I crank it up because the default is on. Anyway with this light on now I also hold the trca? whatever button until it illuminates "off" also. Then I go hauling ass around the same curves trying to get it to replicate the grinding/beeping, I pushed it harder than I ever have around the corner and with more speed. When I turned the traction light back on it did the beeping/grinding again with no problems.. While driving I attempted to turn it off again by holding the button, would not do it Only lets you turn it off when sitting at a stop. When driving only Auto LSD will illuminate only, could not get the off to illuminate.

And here is the kicker went around all curves faster than 50mph per my Kenwood 5140 Garmin GPS!!! It does not turn off above 35mph as you mentioned, not on my truck anyway. I will be glad to post pics of my GPS at 85mph or whatever with the traction light illuminated in the same pic if you want....

Again by doing the above I COULD NOT get the problem to replicate, maybe my Taco is just Special!!!!!

7. Nov 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    all my plugs (2 of them from what i found) were plugged in and secure.

8. Nov 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    im going by what the owners manual says. It says if you press the TRAC (car with streaks) it turns on LSD and turns off TRAC light comes on. Press and hold the
    trac button and it turns LSD and TRAC off. It reactivates TRAC above 35 the TRACoff light goes out leaving the LSD on. Never tried it myself just going by the manual

Remember when the TRAC light comes on the TRAC is off. When the light goes out trac is on.

9. Nov 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    light off trac on...you may actually not replicate it because the system is less sensitve with the lsd on in 2hi. When you turn the lsd on its expecting a certain amount of slipping. TRAC is still on

10. Nov 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
  11. Nov 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM
    ruppmeister

ruppmeister Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad
    Moto Metal Skull 17x9, BFG KM2's 285/70R17, Toytec ULK, LR UCA
  12. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    yep i know when the light is on it is off:rolleyes:

Manual may in fact say all that, but i'm telling what mine is doing.

And again if ya want a dash pic of me doing well above 35 mph and the light illuminated meaning the trac is off i'll be glad to post..:p

13. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:

thanks for the link Rupp:headbang:

14. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    Read the thread and there is a solution with a pdf attachment, but its something I would think a dealership level would have to do. Anyway no one ever really said if a dealership or anyone performed the vsc recalibration or if it was successful or not???? thanks again though

15. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    I thought you you meant the Trac light stays on but you state here it doesnt. The lsd can be left on at all speeds. With LSD on, the sensors seem less sensitive allowing some slipping.

It seems after reading these threads and talking to my buddy who works at toyota, the sensor causing the issue is not the wheel sensor its the yaw sensor (Designed to prevent fishtailing). With the suspension lifted up the yaw of the vehicle will change with diferent steering geometry caused by a lift or larger tires. Hopefully the recalibration will get rid of it but according to him it probably wont. With a tall soft suspension the yaw is going to be more severe than stock and calibration may not correct this because the vehicle is stationary and there is no way to anticipate the yaw. My buddy, the toyota tech, told me that when the LSD is turned on the yaw sensor is turned off but the TRAC will still kick in if you lose traction.

16. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    the operative phrase is "when driving" that is when I hold it and the trac light will not illuminate, only when driving. If you read up earlier in the thread I stated when sitting still I can hold it and it will illuminate and stay on the entire time I zoom past 35mph, thus the comment I made I'll send u a pic of it illuminated with me doing 85mph...

Would for sure do the calibration thing, but with the right combinations of button pushing and holding I can not get it to replicate and sweet jesus I have tried:burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber:

17. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    Not trying to ruffle feathers... Im not saying your truck isnt turning it off im just combining what the manual says and what my buddy at toyota said. According to him all you have to do it hit the TRAC button (not hold it) and the yaw sensor is disabled...something to try. :notsure:

18. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    not ruffling feathers at all, I appreciate the input. But why would I want to do anything differently than now when its working great:confused:

Ya know what I'll try it for the hell of it and post results!!

19. Nov 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    BlissTaco

BlissTaco 2022 TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Kings, Method 701, Toyo AT3 285/70R17, interior/license LED's, tonneau cover, Subaru tweeters
    Cool, I am going to try this tomorrow morning. Happens everyday to and from work. I might have to print the instructions of all the steps to take. Press and hold both buttons before take-off? Turning of trac and vsc.

20. Nov 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    Yep after you crank up hold the vsc until it says off then push the button with the truck and curvy lines hold it til it says off also.

It works on mine because holy sh@$ it was starting to get a little dangerous......imagine if you a towing something?!!

Products Discussed in

To Top