Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Mod Ever: Rear Power Window

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
salty7 is on a distinguished road
salty7's Tacoma Gallery
Best Mod Ever: Rear Power Window

Is it possible to do a power rear window in our tacomas?

Has anyone done it?

How bad ass would that be?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
salty7 is on a distinguished road
salty7's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I want. Full power, full size rear window, just like the tundra.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #7
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
My friend is trying to figure out a way to put one in her X, but she wants her's to be like the one that comes in the tundra's
good luck brett...trust me i've looked into doing this over a dozen times and have talked to some bad ass fabricators here in las vegas...

the hardest part is making sure the tracks have clearance and also to make sure the glass and the weather stripping are completely sealed...reason being if the glass and stripping don't seal and line up correctly there will always be turbulence in the cabin and also future leaking if it ever rains or snows...

because it would be a complete custom job fabricators and shops have told me the price we are looking at is around $3K...granted if I had that type of money to blow I would...but it doesn't seem practical to me at this time to lay down that type of money just to have easier and cooler way to roll down the rear window...maybe if my rear window broke I would go for it and have insurance cover it...but its just not feasible for me at this point...

are you talking about lenie? or Talerra? if you want some of the contact info I have gathered brett you know how to get a hold of me...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
would love it but not for that price till then i am happy with my tiny slider window ...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.gordonglassusa.com/produc...ta-Tacoma.html
Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
I wish Toyota would have made this a standard feature in all DC's. I used the slider in my extended cab Ranger daily but now I have to jump in the back seat, open the slider, jump back in the back when done and remember to close it.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i'll just have to do it manually.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #12
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my truck for about 3 years and only once I've opened my rear window and that was to install my child's car seat. I guess in terms of security a power one would be harder to pry open though.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #13
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
man i thought about the windows when i got my tacoma...when i found out we couldnt have the power rear window i was sad...

Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
The power rear window is the thing I miss the most about my 06 Tundra Dbl Cab, I dont miss it enough to get rid of my taco though, I am gonna run this thing into the ground.