Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just installed B&M sport shifter...but have some questions

Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed B&M sport shifter...but have some questions

Ok so i finally bought and installed my B&M sport shifter today and boy it's nice...the shifter is tight and the trucks seems to shift so much smoother...now i do have two complaints (which i guess are common problems) since the shifter is one solid piece there is more vibrations (which doesn't bother me that much) but there is a drastic amount of outside noise comming through...I know this is going to get real annoying, real fast...basically is there any suggestions how to maybe improve this? is there maybe some kinda of sound dampering i could do around the shifter?...after using this for only a few minutes, i definitely don't want to revert back to stock...plus one more thing, i'm not sure if anyone has this on their truck or not, but the instructions told me to make sure the cup is seated properly, when i installed it i'm guessing everything went together correctly...it did take some fussing to get it to sit properly, but i'm guessing if it wasnt together correctly i would notice it right away when i use it right?...like i said it's gunna take alittle getting used to, but it's a sweet piece

sorry i don't have pics of the actual install, but here's what the shifter looks like if that helps