1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switch the headlight indicator to fog light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FreeWillie, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Nov 24, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    FreeWillie

FreeWillie [OP] New Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Would this be a good idea? I would really like a better way (at a glance) to see if my fog lights are on. I've read several threads about different ways to install a led inside the fog light switch itself. I know the switch itself depresses a bit when the lights are on but it's not always easy to see.

I also don't like the "lights on" indicator on the dash that tells me I have my headlights on. It's always on and un-necessary I can easily see the headlights are on by looking at the column switch and I'd rather have this dash indicator redirected to show the status of the fog lights.

Does anyone know if this mod has been done. If not, is there anybody with the expertise to figure out an easy way to accomplish it.

It's a great forum for me to stop in check out what everyone’s up to with their trucks. Thanks in advance for your input.

Products Discussed in

To Top