1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Recall

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BAT24, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    Did anyone else see this yet? It looks like we won't be getting new floor mats for our trucks but new gas pedals that are 3/4 of an inch shorter than our current ones. Looks like it is a rolling recall starting in April... Nice after the 1995-2000 and 2001-2004 Tacoma frame recalls and now the 2000-2003 Tundra frame recalls Toyota will be answering a ton of reliability and workmanship questions...
    Toyota Replacing 4 Million Gas Pedals

Device Can Stick to Floor Mat and Cause Accidents

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9171742

2. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Toyota has a recall?!

3. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    BAT24

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    HAHAHAHA I guess I should have named the thread... ANOTHER Toyota recall!

4. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    cobracomander

cobracomander Well-Known Member

Member:
    The article(Comcast Home Page) I read said:

WASHINGTON — Toyota plans to replace the gas pedals on 4 million vehicles in the United States because the pedals can get stuck in the floor mats and cause sudden acceleration, a flaw that led to the sixth-largest recall ever in the U.S.
    The repairs are a critical step to restoring the reputation of the world's biggest automaker, which suffered a blow when the recall was announced in September after years of making safe, reliable cars and trucks.
    In plans outlined Wednesday, dealers will offer to shorten the length of the gas pedals by three-fourths of an inch beginning in January as a stopgap measure while the company develops replacement pedals. New pedals will be installed by dealers on a rolling basis beginning in April, and some vehicles will get a brake override system as a precaution.
    The massive recall is the largest in the U.S. for Toyota Motor Corp. The Japanese automaker had earlier told owners to remove the driver's side floor mats to keep the gas pedal from becoming jammed.
    Popular vehicles such as the midsize Camry, the top-selling car in America, and the Prius, the best-selling gas-electric hybrid, are among those to be fixed. The recall also includes the luxury Lexus ES350, the vehicle involved a fiery fatal accident in California that focused public attention on the danger.
    Spokesman Irv Miller said Toyota is "very, very confident that we have addressed this issue." Toyota has no reason to believe that there are problems with the cars' electronic control systems, he said. An electronic-control malfunction also could cause unintended acceleration.
    Toyota officials said the floor mats are only sold in the U.S., and the recall would be limited to North America.
    Toyota would not say how much the repairs would cost, but analysts expected them to be extremely expensive because of the work involved and the manufacturing of new pedals. Toyota also said it would provide newly designed replacement floor mats.

5. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    BAT24

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    I stand corrected, I did not see the floor mat part of the article. I wonder if they will be able to replace my "Rugged Trail" all weather mats or will I get the ones that only say Tacoma?? Not that it matters really but the Rugged Trail mats are what I have, I guess we shall see.

6. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thank GOD they are replacing the floor mats too! My rubber ones are worn through in several places on the driver's side! About the time it started happening the recall was being mentioned- so i just duct taped the bottoms lol. Yay.

Products Discussed in

To Top