Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My OBA (On Board Air) Setup

Old 11-26-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
My OBA (On Board Air) Setup

I had 75% of this stuff before I got the truck, because I was gonna bag my previous car. I decided it would be a fun project and I was correct. I still have a few kinks to work out: level0 the compressor better, change gauge for an illuminated one, relocate intake filter to cooler / drier location. I also have yet to put the spare back to see how it fits. I'm sure I'll have to do something there.

Enjoy the pictures:

Old 11-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Joelito2983 will become famous soon enoughJoelito2983 will become famous soon enough
Joelito2983's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the gauge in the dash mod!!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Very nice set-up!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelito2983 View Post
I really like the gauge in the dash mod!!!!
Thanks. Here is the gauge that I'm considering to replace it with:

http://www.maperformance.com/glowshi...ure-gauge.html
Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup. Similar to mine. I put the compressor in the bed compartment and a 3 gal tank under the bed.

I used a auto meter gauge with a red bulb.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
nice work man.. love the gauge mod also.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
Male Member

Thanks for the kind words. I can't tell you how good it felt to air this up to 200 psi and hear no leaks.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
mmmmm beer!
05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
05TacomaCO's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I'd love to do something like this. I use the air compressor SO much and it would be nice to have one on REAL wheels if you know what I mean. The 26 gal at home rolls but it's far from portable. I'd do this in a heart beat if I REALLY knew what I was doing.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Very awesome mod! I love it too!!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
An OBA setup is definitely a near-future mod for me! Cant wait to be able to run air tools from my truck and be able to air down/up for when im out 4-wheeling. Mine should be pretty similar to yours. Viar 100% duty compressor, 2.5 gal or so tank mounted under the bed....
Old 11-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
An OBA setup is definitely a near-future mod for me! Cant wait to be able to run air tools from my truck and be able to air down/up for when im out 4-wheeling. Mine should be pretty similar to yours. Viar 100% duty compressor, 2.5 gal or so tank mounted under the bed....
I see a DIY writeup in your future
Old 11-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Man, I'd love to do something like this. I use the air compressor SO much and it would be nice to have one on REAL wheels if you know what I mean. The 26 gal at home rolls but it's far from portable. I'd do this in a heart beat if I REALLY knew what I was doing.
If you want to put one together and have any questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I see a DIY writeup in your future
Yeah, that could be a possibility.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Ron View Post
If you want to put one together and have any questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.
Coolness. It might not be very soon as it's going to be getting colder outside. I'll hit you up when I decide to give it a go.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
tidy setup!