1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Phenomenal Toyota Customer Service

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by closed31, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    closed31

closed31 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD DoubleCab Sport 4x4
    none
    I've been having some problems with my 09 DC Sport lately. Took it to the dealer for transmission issues and some idle vibration. Well, to make a long story short Toyota VOLUNTARILY extended my drive train warranty to 8 years/ 96000 miles AND called me 3 times after each of my 7 visits. They even had some engineers look at the idle vibration. Oh, and I got a loaner Tundra too. (F150 is nicer)

I've been a loyal Ford owner all my life. When you take your Ford in for warranty work its like "What the hell are you doing here."

My wife and I will defiantly be buying her a new 4Runner or Highlander when her Escape lease is up.

2. Nov 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Wow nice to hear someone finnaly had a good experiance with a service department for once. :)

3. Nov 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Too bad we all don't live in Columbus, OHIO. Oh well, guess I'll have to put up with the local stealership.

4. Nov 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Were all 7 visits for the same problem? :eek:

5. Nov 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    swise

swise TRIFECTA!!!

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab, TRD offroad
    Im in columbus too - which dealer was it? i have been going to germain east

6. Nov 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM
    closed31

Member:
    Vehicle:
    none
    The first few were for a transmission problem. I've never had an automatic before but the truck would hunt for gears under 50. The rest were for idle vibration in D. There would be a noticeable vibration at idle. My last truck (2003 F150 SC 4x4, totaled when I hit 3 deer) had 140000 on it and when I sat at a light there was no vibration.

This thing would idle with vibration through the steering wheel. Both the dealer and I agreed that it was not normal. (we all know vibration will destroy a car) So after 5 visits for the vibration, which is now completely gone, I got a call from Toyota customer service headquarters. They could not believe all the problems I had been having. As a result I received a letter in the mail with 8 year 96000 mile warranty extension.

In my opinion, the auto world is FIERCE and they better do what they can to retain as many customers as possible. The new Fords are pretty sweet. I still want a new F150 but it's so damn huge it wont fit in my garage. To be honest, the Tacoma isn't really that much smaller than my old truck.

7. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    True but there are plenty of folks, the HUGE majority of them, who have these positive experiences. However, they're not usually motivated to recount said experiences online. Pissed off people do.

8. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    It's Ford, there's not much more to say. Garbage, in my experience. There's nothing like trading in a vehicle and getting practically nothing for it which was my experience time and again (I've owned many Fords). At least I wised up finally.

Can Ford improve? Absolutely and maybe they have but I wouldn't buy a domestic if you paid me but if I did it would be Ford because at least they didn't take my tax money under the guise of a "bailout".

9. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    What did they end up doing to fix the vibration issue?

10. Nov 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    closed31

Member:
    Vehicle:
    none

I'll be honest with you, after time 3 I just threw the paper in the trash. Didn't even look at it.

In my opinion, idle vibes are caused by a dirty MAF Sensor or Dirty Throttle Body. BUT I can't take the apart without voiding my warranty so I had to make them do it through repeated visits. I don't settle for less than perfect vehicle performance.

To tell you the truth, the only MODS I have are (and I didn't install them) Power Sunroof and Heated Charcoal Leather seats. (I paid extra for the "TRD Sport stitching in the headrests). Oh and I forgot I did the "weather stripping" MOD to make it quieter (silent) on the freeway.

11. Nov 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    closed31

Member:
    Vehicle:
    none
    Besides for the crappy trade-in value, and it's improving. In INITIAL quality, I don't see a difference between Ford and Toyota. Long term, we'll see. My 03 F150 was fine.

Now GM and Chrysler are WAAAAY down in quality. They have a long way to go.

BUT it's all about customer retention, and that's what matters now. Toyota has pretty much ensured my loyalty (not on FULL SIZE trucks though, Tundra is crap)

Products Discussed in

To Top