but I've hit some road blocks that my prove to be deal breakers.
1. I installed the TRD S/C on my 2006, it ran great, no issues. TRD is claiming there are major changes to the 2010 Tacoma, they have to make a new fit kit for it and the code is not available (what?)
Note: From 2005 to 2010, the 4.0L V6 has not undergone any changes that would drastically change orientation of major parts. Maybe they moved a vacuum line or change the alternator, etc. TRD and Toyota in my opinion are giving some payback to California for the closing of the NUMMI plant in Fremont, CA. They are pissed and are sticking it to the state (people) by not allowing certain cars, trucks, parts, etc. (just my opinion, and I know it's probably not true, but I'm pissed about the 2009/2010 decisions) They claim they need to (or are stalling) on CARB certification for the new parts (what new parts?).
Did someone forget to tell TRD that only the FJ and 4Runner received the new 4.0L, the Tacoma is still running the tried and true 1GRFE ?
2. I had the TRD CAI before the S/C, and even though they say run the stock airbox, I stuck with the TRD and it never gave any issues, actually, truck ran better than another guy around my neighborhood with the stock box and the TRD S/C.
3. I know several people have had their 2009/2010 Tacomas re-flashed and TRD S/C'd by Toyota dealers. However, all of these individuals are in states other than CA. Not good.
4. TRD claims with the TRD S/C and the re-flash, the truck won't pass smog. That's odd, my 2006 passed CA Smog (tested at friends shop), hell, I could have probably removed the cats, it was so low on the scale.
5. I don't care if I get a 2008, 2009, 2010 Tacoma, but I would like to swap all my parts over (coilovers, leafs, shocks, TRD S/C, CAI, wheels, tires, tonneau cover, etc) without having to jump through hoops and begging Toyota to allow me (TRD stuff).
Looking for: Tacoma, TRD Off Road, Access Cab, 6MT, Towing, Silver Streak Micah or Magnetic Grey (09). Almost impossible to find, I guess nobody drives a manual trans, add the Access Cab and it's a rare truck.
=D Sorry to vent, just disappointed.