Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Covers

Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
NWCouple2 is on a distinguished road

NWCouple2's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Covers

Which bed cover do you have? Which is best? I am thinking about a split flip, not the full length end raise. I have the short short bed. I want something that comes off easy and could be put in the bed with something else if I am out and buy something I need to haul home.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
BakFlip and Fold-a-cover are 2 hard, multi-section folding covers. BakFlip folds up against the back window so you have full access to the bed. F-A-C folds up to one section so you lose some bed space. Although I've heard of at least 1 person replacing the rail mount/clamp nuts with wing nuts so they can be hand tightened and loosened. When loosened the cover can be slid along the factory rails up against the back window like the BakFlip. Then just use a rubber bungee to secure it and keep it from rubbing the cab. It's been a while since I saw that so maybe things have changed... I know you can remove it and stack it next to the load. I just can't remember if you have to remove nuts to do it!

I had a BakFlip gen 1 and it was crap. The gen 2's out now address all my issues, but I replaced it with a Bestop before I knew that. I'm happier anyway as several regular passengers in my bed don't fit well under the bed rails (air compressor, and other tall items).

With my Bestop I get the capacity of fiberglass shell AND the open bed option without fighting with a heavy shell. Just fold it forward against the window, or remove by myself if needed.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Advantage Torza top tri-fold soft tonneau cover. I absolutely love it!! You disconnect the clamps, fold it up, and drive. Or remove the entire thing completely (frame & all). For picts:
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=16
(pg 2 has pictures of the clamping device)
I have the full 6' bed - but I'm sure they make one for the short beds too.