Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2009 4x4 (T-SB-0373-09) & VSC disable issue

Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 2009 4x4 (T-SB-0373-09) & VSC disable issue

I recently had my ECM recalibrated / reflashed using T-SB-0373-09 (Transmission TSB dated Nov 3 rd.)

Well now it's not possible to disable VSC in 4WD-HI.

I used to be able to hold in the "VSC diable button" for 3 seconds while in park--now it does not work!

I think this may be an unintended side affect of the ECM reflash. Can some of you guys with the 2009 4x4's confirm this for me?

UPDATE: 12/23/2009 My problem has been solved.

I confirm that my problem existed... Took my tuck to the dealer for diagnostics... My truck sat for a day... The SA said the tech did nothing. When I picked up my truck the problem was gone. I have tested the VSC disable switch while in 4WD-HI and the problem is indeed gone. Chalk one up to PFM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I just went out to my truck and started it up and put it into 4HI. Then I pressed and held in the VSC button. The light came on in the dash saying that it was off. Then I put it into drive without issue. I had the reflash done last monday.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I just went out to my truck and started it up and put it into 4HI. Then I pressed and held in the VSC button. The light came on in the dash saying that it was off. Then I put it into drive without issue. I had the reflash done last monday.
Thank you for doing that! I can't imagine why mine would be any different if they did the same exact reflash. I had the service advisor print the TSB so I know they had the right one. I am very concerned about this.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
trd taco guy is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
trd taco guy's Tacoma Gallery
Did the reflash make a difference in the shifting issue or not?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As far as I can tell yes. I still think mine downshifts prematurely at times but I don't have that hesitation where it's searching for gears anymore.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I tried it out as well and had the same experience as dexterdog. Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #7

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd taco guy View Post
After the reflash I noticed an immediate improvement during the 2-1 downshift. i.e. Slowing down to roll over speed bumps and then accelerating is much improved. My truck never had an issue with hunting for gears that others have reported, only the harsh 2-1 downshift.

I was messing around on some trails six days ago when I noticed I couldn't disable the VSC in 4WD-HI. I was in the extreme backcountry, and I had nobody to communicate with to test this until now.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #8

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
I tried it out as well and had the same experience as dexterdog. Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
Thanks for testing this and reporting it here +Reps sent.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
ToyFanatic will become famous soon enoughToyFanatic will become famous soon enough
Army: 172nd Inf
Name: Aaron
ToyFanatic's Tacoma Gallery
So the Auto trannys are having problems as well for 09? whats the deal? manuals with revs hanging and autos shift hesitation/problems? My father has a 09 with the auto and hasn't said anything, maybe he is just getting too old to notice..lol
Old 11-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #10

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
My truck appears to be having a unique problem. I'll make an appointment to have it examined and report back here what happened.

Thanks again to Dexterdog and NMG for testing and reporting.