Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to attach a Thule rack t Bedrails?? Help!!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
JackedTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JackedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How to attach a Thule rack t Bedrails?? Help!!

Hey guys,
I have a 2007 4x4 access cab, and am looking to put a rack on the back over the bed. Is there anyway to attach Thule rack into the existing bedrails and then I can put my ski racks on that?
I know there has got to be a way, but I can't figure it out.
Please help!!!
Thanks.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u need to "fab" up some cross bars that bolt to the tie downs and attach the rack to that.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
JackedTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JackedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any ideas on how to fab this up?
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
you could either buy or make some cross bars that attach to the anchors for the side rails
I heard someone on here saying that the cross bars were discontinued but I don't think it would be that hard to make some.
Attached Thumbnails
How to attach a Thule rack t Bedrails?? Help!!-ta.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i think the thing would be the weight capacity of the toyota bed crossbars. looks to me that they took the bed rail from the front of the truck and made a bracket to fit the bed cleats. those dont look like they'd support oo much weight across the span of the width of the bed
Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I believe (not 100% sure... more like 95) that they drill holes thought the little cleats off to each side on the anchor and bolt the cross bars to that.