Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camburg Spindle Lift Issues

Old 11-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
wilikilia will become famous soon enoughwilikilia will become famous soon enough

wilikilia's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg Spindle Lift Issues

In mid-October, I got my 4" Camburg Spindle Lift and Camburg Coilovers installed on my 2009 Taco and got this irritating squeaking sound like something needs WD-40. I took it in to the shop that installed my parts and found out the coilover spring is touching/sitting on the sway bar. Anyone ran into these issues. I guess Camburg addressed this issue in the past by providing a spacer for the sway bar to prevent it from touching but maybe it's not compatible with 2009+ models.

I gotta wait till Monday for the shop to call Camburg to see what they say.

The shop recommended 3 possible solutions...1) Extend the sway bar mounting bolt near the spring to lower the sway bar but could possibly interfere with steering(too close), 2) replace the spacer that camburg provided with the spindle kit with a bigger one to lower the sway bar, or 3) move the sway bar forward more(which they already did).

Either way, I hope it's Camburg's fault so they could cover the parts necessary to make it right.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Did you install the Swaybar Relocate Kit?
Looks like this
http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...206334d3b9.jpg
Old 11-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
wilikilia will become famous soon enoughwilikilia will become famous soon enough

Before anyone says this thread is useless without pics:

Here's the spring sitting on the sway bar:

The spacer that Camburg provided with the spindle lift kit:

And this is the bolt that they could possibly extend but might affect steering:
Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #5

Oh ya, forgot about that...the 4th solution is to remove the sway bar. I thought it's good for stability though to prevent rollover if I was that hardcore. Thanks for the info on the sway bar relocating kit. I'll look into that as well. My main concern is if anyone else ran into this issue with the Camburg spindle lift or am I just the lucky one.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
I had the same issue with my sway away coilover setup and total chaos UCA's. Even with the sway away spacers on the sway bar it rubbed/squeaked a lot. I thought about running without the sway bar cause a lot of guys on here do it but i was uncomfortable with that idea so i just marked the suspected area with chalk, went for a drive, and when I came back I grinded off about 3mm of material off the sway bar itself where the chalk was missing. Never had a problem since
Old 11-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery

My Toytecs did the same thing even with the sway bar relocation brackets installation. I am anxious to hear Camburgs answer.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had Allied spindles on my old taco which are the same as Camburg, but I had Icon coilovers and they never came close to rubbing.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Odd cuz with my allied and sway a ways I noticed that at full turn in either direction it just barely touches it. I haven't heard it very often but ithink I mite shave a little off
Old 11-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
i took mine off and i have the same set up as you
Old 12-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #11

cjimenRR is the winner. Camburg's response is to grind the area where the spring rubs and it'll fix the issue and won't have any effect on the sway bar. I was ready to just remove the sway bar because having a nice looking truck that sounds like crap when you drive it makes the whole ride crappy, but I'm gonna have the shop shave a lil off the sway bar for now.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
why not remove the sway bar? it allows better flex when offroading, no?

i took mine off and it handles much better, havent installed spindles yet. i have had some close calls on the freeway doing 70-75 and never felt as if the truck would "topple" over. it did lean into the corner well but nothing that would make me want to put it back on.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
you should just run with out the swaybar its worlds better for off road true ifs
x2 u will never see one on my truck again.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #15
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar problem. Every time I turned the steering wheel it made this weird sound. Like a click, click, click. Anyways, I took everything apart and lubed it up and it was good to go.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
No sway bar FTMFW.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #18
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
no sway bar ftmfw.
lmnopqrstuvwxyz
Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Remove it and let us know how you like it. If you hate it, Put it back on and notch it.
Is there danger in removing it for off road and keeping it off for everyday driving? My truck is stock but since people recall removing the sway bar as giving better travel, i sounds like a good idea. Just don't know if there is risk involved when im on the freeway or something.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #20
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't a sway bar just r educe body lean and tune the oversteer and understeer or a car/truck?