Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Painting front bumper Question

Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Painting front bumper Question

Has anybody tried painting the front bumper thats on the base models" the dinky black plastic bumper" I want to try to paint it white but i have a feeling it wouldn't turn out to well
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B to da U to the M to the P
Old 11-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
vegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to all
Name: Jorge Edward
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
B to da U to the M to the P

how where you planning on painting it? spray cans?gun?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas1 View Post
how where you planning on painting it? spray cans?gun?
Spray cans cause im broke or maybe ill just wait until i get some cash and buy somebodys bumper who got an all pro or somethin
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
vegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to all
Name: Jorge Edward
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
Spray cans cause im broke or maybe ill just wait until i get some cash and buy somebodys bumper who got an all pro or somethin
To be honest i would say just try and wait until someone sells theres but just incase your still wanting to paint it just keep in mind, the can spray wont match the factory paint and the paint will hold up as long as you prep the bumper before you paint it. You will also see whats called "orange peel", and when I say orange peel, the finish will look like a orange peel and if you dont paint the bumper evenly, youll have blemishes in the paint.......with all that being said...my opinion is to just wait for a deal. You might want to just try and contract random members and see if there willing to let there go
Old 11-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Another suggestion is to try a junk yard. Find another painted bumper and work on it until its done OR have it Line-X'd. I hear they can color match with the Line-X these days. However, if you have plans to put an all-pro bumper, then save your money and use that cash towards the lift, tires, wheels, etc. I'm sure there is something else you can do with it. If not, I've got some suggestions for you.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Another suggestion is to try a junk yard. Find another painted bumper and work on it until its done OR have it Line-X'd. I hear they can color match with the Line-X these days. However, if you have plans to put an all-pro bumper, then save your money and use that cash towards the lift, tires, wheels, etc. I'm sure there is something else you can do with it. If not, I've got some suggestions for you.
No im not planning on getting an all-pro....this truck wont be seeing an ounce of off-roading, thnaks for both of your responses though....I'll proboly just wait until one come available
Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see the white lower bumper, its pretty much the opposite of what everyone else has, myself included!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
mr.ernst is on a distinguished road
Army: Information Systems Analyst
mr.ernst's Tacoma Gallery
I happened upon a slightly rashed 2005+ front bumper this weekend on the side of the interstate and decided to pick it up. It's currently painted blue but has a noticeable dent and road rash, but I thought I might be able to repair the dent and get it touched then possibly painted silver to match my truck.

I've been looking all over for one for sale or for someone who has successfully painted their stock black bumper and fenders, but have had no success in finding either. However upon my inspection of this bumper I found on the side of the road, it appears that under the spots where some of the paint has been rubbed off the bumper itself has the exact same texture as the stock black bumpers that come on the non TRD, SR5 models.

I'm wondering if anyone has bought an OEM bumper from Toyota? Do they come painted, primed, or could this bumper that I found just be a stock black bumper that someone took a chance on painting?

Also if you live in the Baton Rouge area and lost your bumper on the side of the road and want it back, let me know. It's sitting in my garage.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
bump