Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4 wheel problem?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheel problem?

i have a 09 dc 4x4 sport,never used the 4 wheel drive till yesterday,i stopped,put in neutral,turned switch to 4 wheel low,light came on dash,put back in gear and beeper goes off letting me know its not engaged in 4 wheel drive,went through the same proceeder again,and worked fine.i little while later i used four wheel drive again and it took 2 times to get it to engage........what i want to know is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
What does 4HI do?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
i have a 09 dc 4x4 sport,never used the 4 wheel drive till yesterday,i stopped,put in neutral,turned switch to 4 wheel low,light came on dash,put back in gear and beeper goes off letting me know its not engaged in 4 wheel drive,went through the same proceeder again,and worked fine.i little while later i used four wheel drive again and it took 2 times to get it to engage........what i want to know is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
Totally normal. If i doesn't work, roll forward and try again.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
mikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to beholdmikey05 is a splendid one to behold
Army: 20th Special Forces
mikey05's Tacoma Gallery
There are numerous posts on this issue. After you use it a few times it will engage easier. Has to be used a bit for the actuator to move more freely.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
didnt try 4 high,went straight into 4 low,it goes in 4 low it just takes two or three trys to get it to engage.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
According to the owners manual your spozed to drive it in 4h for 10 miles every month to keep all the parts lubed and moving.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
According to the owners manual your spozed to drive it in 4h for 10 miles every month to keep all the parts lubed and moving.
didnt know that,thanx for info
Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
didnt try 4 high,went straight into 4 low,it goes in 4 low it just takes two or three trys to get it to engage.
Go into 4H first, once engaged, switch to 4L.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Agree
1. get 4hi engaged first, then stop, put in nuetral, select 4low. may have to roll alittle to engage.
2. Do this monthly to keep everything working, and you will also become very fimiliar on how your truck responds.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #10
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery