Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cons. Reports - Tacoma voted worst for tall drivers?

Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
My mirror was all the way up. I tried flipping it and it didn't help enough to give up the night setting since I drive a lot on freeways at night and 50+ sets of headlights in the back window would be horrible. I bet a lift and taller tires (I'm hoping for some competition to TC before I buy something) will fix the visibility thing...
Old 02-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #22
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

I have no trouble getting in and out, of course my last two cars were compacts. (My old bug had so much headroom I could wear a top hat)
Old 02-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #23
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I dont consider myself tall but i'm not short either. i'm 6" and i have plenty of head room. i have no idea why they consider the Taco bad for tall drivers
Same here. 6' 235lbs and I have no problem fitting in my truck. What are they comparing it against? Full size or other midsize?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
1killerkaw will become famous soon enough

1killerkaw's Tacoma Gallery
6'2" and 215. I have never hit my head when getting in. I do have to look under the mirror to see to my right at a stop. The seat could be an inch or 2 higher for better leg room. I find myself constantly moving my legs to find a comfortable position. The emergency brake is in a bad place also.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #25

Quote:
The emergency brake is in a bad place also.
You must have a stick. The autos have a foot-parking brake.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #26
dsds is on a distinguished road
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledrum View Post
Imagine, $19,800 MSRP for a truck with what, 2 speed windshield wipers. I think Toyota has it figured.

Rant over.
Imagine over $40,000 for a TRD double cab before taxes up here in Canada. I KNOW Toyota has it figured.
Rant over.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #27

For $100 and 10 minutes you can add intermitent wipers. The only difference is the stalk which can be bought at the stealership or online. There is a DIY article on another site, don't have the link though. Cruise control is about $150 in parts to add and takes all of 10 minutes (unless you have a stick, then it's 30 minutes)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I m 6' 3" and wear a Stetson. I have three gun racks over head. The shotgun rack is just over the seat.
What is the problem?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #29
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Also, as far as the mirror is concerned. Yes, it is low but I turned it 180 degrees (day/night switch on top) and it is now out of the way. I have a 20% tint back window so I have no need to place it in the nighttime mode for headlights behind me. Works just fine. Cleared up my blind spot.
Oh SNAP!
I tried this and it helped more than I thought it would!
Raises the lower edge of the mirror about 1/2" enough to make a noticeable difference. I still need to duck to look under if I'm too close, but its worth doing with the standard mirror for some added windsheild.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:36 AM   #30
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I was holding my breath waiting for DanUsa to chime in with a comment about an arsenal he probably has in his cab that DOES not impede his in cab movement.

Hell, My face never even changed colors.

Thanks for keeping it fresh Dan

Name:  Fart.gif
Views: 359
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #31
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
I m 6' 3" and wear a Stetson. I have three gun racks over head. The shotgun rack is just over the seat.
What is the problem?
Dan is definitely The Man.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #32
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the kind and not so kind Jr. comments.
I like weapons.
They have put food on my table and saved my life.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:40 AM   #33
Tacomojo is on a distinguished road
Tacomojo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Dutch[/B];60969]Ok...........I mentioned this in an earlier post. I am 6'-2". The head of the door opening is too low for me. I hit my head frequently or rub it getting in.
So this is your idea of getting a Dutch Rub?

Seriously, though, I'm 5' 6" and routinely smack my head getting into mine. Guess there is too much spring in my step.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #34
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Im six foot even but i have a friend who rides with me and he is 6"6' and he has no problem, he just has to lean the seat back alittle.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #35
cycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to behold
cycledrum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
For $100 and 10 minutes you can add intermitent wipers. The only difference is the stalk which can be bought at the stealership or online. There is a DIY article on another site, don't have the link though. Cruise control is about $150 in parts to add and takes all of 10 minutes (unless you have a stick, then it's 30 minutes)
thanks.

Stealership, well put, just paid $28 for 2 small rubber plug/gaskets for front/back of cylinder head/valve cover. Then sales dude wants to (really) sell me a $21 tube of *special* Toyota silicone sealant (price at auto store - $5.49) oh brother.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #36
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomojo View Post
So this is your idea of getting a Dutch Rub?

Seriously, though, I'm 5' 6" and routinely smack my head getting into mine. Guess there is too much spring in my step.

I smack my kids head when I put him is his car seat.. does that count .. he's only 2 feet tall (2 years old)
Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #37
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of installing a spacer for my seat. I wish the bottom was tilted up a bit more.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #38
VIPER131 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AZ ANG
VIPER131's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up RE: Spacer for drivers seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm thinking of installing a spacer for my seat. I wish the bottom was tilted up a bit more.

I agree with the spacer idea. I believe that I will do the same as well. Just raise the front of the seat up about 3/4" to 1 1/2" would make the driving position more comfortable.

My 1989 4Runner with 250K miles on it even has this simple seat adjustment on it. It makes a world of difference in driver comfort.

You would think that a 2008 Tacoma would have this seat adjustment as well.

Respectfully,

VIPER131
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #39
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER131 View Post
I agree with the spacer idea. I believe that I will do the same as well. Just raise the front of the seat up about 3/4" to 1 1/2" would make the driving position more comfortable.

My 1989 4Runner with 250K miles on it even has this simple seat adjustment on it. It makes a world of difference in driver comfort.

You would think that a 2008 Tacoma would have this seat adjustment as well.

Respectfully,

VIPER131
I placed 3 or 4 washers under the front position and used a longer hardened bolt to ensure thread engagement. It may not seem alot but I think it made a difference.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #40
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm coming from a Lincoln that had some of the most comfortable seats available, so I have to figure a way to get the Tacoma right.