Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cons. Reports - Tacoma voted worst for tall drivers?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #41
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I dont consider myself tall but i'm not short either. i'm 6" and i have plenty of head room. i have no idea why they consider the Taco bad for tall drivers
your 6" tall
Old 02-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #42
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
your 6" tall
yep, and i take my baths in the sink.... which is gross cause i pee in hte shower.

actually i'm just use to putting " after numbers cause we are usually refering to lifts on this site. force of habit
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #43
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm 6" and i have plenty of head room.
Don't worry. A lot of women say size doesn't matter.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #44
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Don't worry. A lot of women say size doesn't matter.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Oh snap!!! whats going on? i'm startin to get ragged on by everybody, i must be showing signs of weakness...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #45
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh snap!!! whats going on? i'm startin to get ragged on by everybody, i must be showing signs of weakness...
I found some inspiration in a bottle of single barrel. It's surprizing what happens when I type first and think later
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #46

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I found some inspiration in a bottle of single barrel. It's surprizing what happens when I type first and think later
if you think thats fun you should try typing and never thinking, i do that alot
Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #47
boser65 is on a distinguished road
boser65's Tacoma Gallery
I am still trying to figure out how to make the bucket seats more comfortable for long hauls. I have tried the spacer trick (raising the back of the seat) ... didn't help a whole lot. Perhaps I need to raise it even more (somebody in an earlier post said that they raised their seats by 2 inches in the back).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:15 AM   #48
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
A coworker of mine just bought a Fronty due to the fact when he tried to get in the Tacoma the steering wheel was hitting his thighs bad. The steering wheel does not have an easy to operate and get to "tilt" mechansim so this discouraged him from purchasing a Tacoma. He's about 6'4" and 240 #'s.

I'm only 6' and 180#'s and I rub the wheel getting in the turck too. That did not discourage me from getting one though as it has too many "pluses" going for it still over the competition.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:39 AM   #49
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what the big deal is I'm 6'1 with a 33" inseam and I used to fit into the old toyota standard cab pickup trucks. My 06 access cab is absolutely cavernous in comparison. More head room, more leg room, and the passenger door is far enough away that I'm now thankful the windows and locks are power. I get up into it rather than down into it which in my opinion is easier for tall people rather than someone like my mother in law who at 4'10" would need a step stool assist to get in.

We've had Consumer Reports around the house since as long as I remember. IMHO they seem less objective than they used to be. I get the impression that they've been nit picking toyota for a while.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #51
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
6'5" here, and I fit nicely. I have a couple inches to spare for head room. I wonder how damn tall the people were that said the Taco is no good for tall people? They must have thrown Shaq in there and asked him what he thought.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #52
Rammstein is on a distinguished road
Rammstein's Tacoma Gallery
I am 6'7'' and have no problems. Granted the seat is all the way back but I can still fit 4 people
Old 03-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #53

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
6'5" here, and I fit nicely. I have a couple inches to spare for head room. I wonder how damn tall the people were that said the Taco is no good for tall people? They must have thrown Shaq in there and asked him what he thought.
you cant be that tall. you're canadian, you people dont grow over 4 feet 5 inches and everybody knows it
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #54
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you cant be that tall. you're canadian, you people dont grow over 4 feet 5 inches and everybody knows it
Sorry I forgot to mention, that is 6'5" in Canadian - which equates to approx 4'5" American.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #55
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh right. You slaves cannot even defend yourselves.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #56
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=jpmorrisvb;61019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm 5'12"; quote]

I dated a girl in college that was also 5' 12" ... legs went allll the way to the floor!
That's funny! !! I also heard one that went: "Legs went all the way up and made an ass of themselves"

Don G
Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #57

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
Sorry I forgot to mention, that is 6'5" in Canadian - which equates to approx 4'5" American.
oh yeah, that makes sense, i forgot you guys are on the metric system up there
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #58
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
6'3" 250lbs

never any issues...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #59
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
6'3" 250lbs

never any issues...
You're a Yankees fan ... YOU'VE GOT ISSUES! Go SOX!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #60
Zoom-Zoom

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
You're a Yankees fan ... YOU'VE GOT ISSUES! Go SOX!
You both have issues. GO CARDS!