1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration while turning and pressing brakes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dee_bo, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Nov 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    dee_bo

dee_bo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    I just bought a 2007 Tacoma and felt something weird for the first time today. When turning in the drive way I noticed a vibration and sort of jerky hesitation motion...think it was felt from the brake peddle. Is this normal???

It has been raining so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Also, after it rains the brakes squeak for the first couple times I use em...does that mean the pads are low or is that normal.

Can you smart people please advise. Thanks

2. Nov 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    maybe abs kickin in

3. Nov 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    do you have the trd sport? the limited slip diff on mine makes the same sound when cold. i changed the fluid twice, once at 30k and again at 38k, cause it was making noise. i'm gonna take it in to the dealer cause i have a 100k warranty. and yes i used and additive for lsd diffs.

4. Nov 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    dee_bo

dee_bo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    Yes I have TRD Sport...just changed my differential few days ago and put in 3.3 quarts. Didn't add LSD additive but the gear fluid stated it was for LSD's. Hmmmm

5. Nov 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    TheTacoManChach

TheTacoManChach I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fayetteville, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Halo Headlights Black W/ LED LED TailLights Bermuda 3rd Brake Black Pioneer/Alpine System Debadge Entire Rebadge Driver Side Door Black Volant CAI Tool Box ARB Front Bumper Flat Black Painted Grill Surround
    well does it do it at slow speed? have someone stand outside and drive by them making the noise and see if they can tell where its coming from

all i know is if you crank the wheel to far that may be making squeeky noise my ex's car did that just before it had issues
    and when your rotors are are going out it vibrates

6. Nov 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    visiontacoma

visiontacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Bernardino, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport
    URD TCAI, URD Maf Cal, NST Crankshaft Pulley, Magnaflow Muffler, 5100s w/ TSB leafs, BHLM, Anytime Foglights, Smoked Tail lights, Grillcraft, WeatherTech Floormats, Scangauge II, Custom TRD Sport Stickers, Debaged w/TRD emblem, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors
    Dude i have the same problem. It seems to get progressively worse the more i drive it in the same trip. It is especially noticable in a parking lot taking 90 degree turns... Kinda sounds like a wheel bearing but ive replaced one side and it still makes the noise =/

7. Jan 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    Darryl

Darryl Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab SR5 4x4
    air freshener
    I just had the same problem for the first time today. a heavy vibration... more like a rumbling at very low speed. It happened when I was merely exiting a parking spot (walking speed!) and slowing down at a stop sign (again, very slow walking speed). The heavy rumbling occured only just before coming to a complete stop from only a very low speed. And YES, it was also raining and cold this morning (3 deg Celsius or so +/-). I checked it out and played with it by slowly moving forward and then reversing.... it kept happening. My own intuition thought the brake pads were very flat and had no groove remaining, thus water was trapped between pad and disc; brake pad skipping?? So I gave it a block or 2 of driving and the heavy vibration or 'rumbling' went away! Maybe the brakes needed to be heated up and spell off any excess water.

I will keep a close eye on this issue and share any useful info or solution.

My truck is an 06 Double cab SR5. I bought it 2 yrs ago "Toyota Certified".
    127,000 km when i bought, put it up to 193,000 km today (66,000 km) without changing the pads yet; haven't heard the tell tale squeeling so I'm ok.
    I mainly do highway driving so the 66,000 km seems like alot, but majority is spent in high gear on the highway; minimal braking.

Products Discussed in

To Top