LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

longtravel project ......commence!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

TACOMAN22's Tacoma Gallery
longtravel project ......commence!

alright guys need some help here... starting to go for a long travel from stock......should be a long journey and i need some input. Can i do this is parts as in buying the coilovers, then the leaf packs, then the back resevoirs etc.... or do i have to do it all at once? also im pretty sure i want to go with the donahoe( icon vehicle dynamics whatever) c/o's unless you guys can think of something better, then im gonna get the camburg LT kit i think....thanks guys.. im pretty pumped for this!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!! You've got a heck of a project ahead of you but from everything I hear you'll be VERY happy with the payoff!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to go in stages like you mention. I believe the long-travel kit requires coil-overs with 8" of travel. If the 'hoes have that covered, they'll work as both a short-term solution for lifting the front and for your future plans. Lifting the rear is cake so don't sweat that.

Expect to spend a decent amount of time in the alignment shop since you'll be altering the suspension geometry multiple times. Just something to factor in when estimating total cost for the project.

Don't forget the cost of fenders and paint in your project. Most LT guys run these:
http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/s...&cat=22&page=1

You should also head over to ttora.com and SEARCH. Seriously, search the hell out of that site before posting anything. We're a fun, knowledgeable, helpful bunch around here. They are too but they won't hesitate to rip your virtual head off for asking a question that's already been answered elsewhere.

Some serious rigs on that site, and there's a whole section dedicated to LT suspensions:
http://ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187

Good luck with your build! Keep us posted on the progress, and as always, post pictures!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
DEZ is on a distinguished road
DEZ's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good im working on the same long travel suspension on my truck, there is no problem building the front and rear at different times.

Camburg is a grate co. but i have seen allot of tacos done up w/ total chaous kits.