Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Bull bar

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #61
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
A light thread? Mind if I play?

I CANNOT WAIT to drive this thing again. It's been in the shop forever so I've been living vicariously through all the forum stories!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #62
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I don't really know, since I've never done it. I'd rather tap into the one under the hood (I think).
Right... Go to any autoparts store and buy an *Add-a-Circuit* or *Add-a-Line* similar to this:
Old 03-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #63
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Something similar to this? (pict of interior fuse box)
Hey Janster, I was in the middle of working on a detailed how-to article for wiring up after market lights when I saw this post. I almost spewed my drink across the room when I saw the picture. At first glance it looks EXACTLY like the picture I took of my wiring for the article. We did it exactly the same way using the same fuse slot and fuse tap. BTW, my article is here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...et-lights.html
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #65
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
That light bar is bad-ass........
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #66
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Holy shit, mjp2. That is one hell of a light bar. Can you get a suntan standing in front of that thing? Sweet!
I basically have a choice of either running the lights or the stereo. There's a good chance that my alternator will up and leap from my truck one of these days!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #67
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Janster, I was in the middle of working on a detailed how-to article for wiring up after market lights when I saw this post. I almost spewed my drink across the room when I saw the picture. At first glance it looks EXACTLY like the picture I took of my wiring for the article. We did it exactly the same way using the same fuse slot and fuse tap. BTW, my article is here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...et-lights.html
I have to give credit to my husband for that. I was working 3rd shift at the time and he did it for me while I was sleeping. Great minds think alike.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #68
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That light bar is bad-ass........
Nice for the morning drive to work when someone doesn`t have the courtesy
to dim their hi-beams.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #69
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy shit, mjp2. That is one hell of a light bar. Can you get a suntan standing in front of that thing? Sweet!
Sunburn you mean?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #70
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Nice for the morning drive to work when someone doesn`t have the courtesy
to dim their hi-beams.
Yeah, torch their retinas!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #71

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, torch their retinas!
Seriously! I took 1 picture with the flash and was in-line with one of the lights. It's blinding in the picture, so regardless of the laws I'll be covering these things while on the road. Otherwise I'll be making a lot of enemies when people in the opposite direction have their headlights on. (Jersey requires the covers anyway)

The center 2 lights are HIDs while the remaining 4 are 100w each. (stuff gets expensive so this was a compromise between amperage draw and cost) The outermost 2 are angled slightly outward for some peripheral light when offroad. Each pair is controlled by its own switch so I can adjust based on conditions, alternator health, etc. I also converted my headlights to hi/lo HIDs.

Between all that I'll be damn close to turning night into day down in Mexico!

Products Discussed in this Thread