Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Bull bar

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
New Bull bar

Friend of mine at work wanted to put his train horns in his Tacoma but he had to remove the bull bar to get them in takes it off and decides he likes it better with out. So i offered him 200 bucks for a chrome Westin bull bar and he said ok

Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Good steal...what bug deflector you got on there?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! I have the Westin black/chrome. Mount some lights on that thing.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks good,evile!! you got plans to add some driving/fog lights to it??
Old 02-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
was thinking about some lights dunno about off road lights since i never go off roading at night where i would need it so dunno what else to put there

and its a bugshield i got from TRD Parts 4 U http://trdparts4u.com/PD-PT427-35060.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. You don't need to go offroad to appreciate some xtra light at night.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #8

evile's Tacoma Gallery
got any suggestions on lights then?

and i thought off road lights were illegal to use on the street cause they are so bright
Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post

and i thought off road lights were illegal to use on the street cause they are so bright
Depends on what you consider what an offroad light is.....Some of the professional rallye drivers have (what I consider) REAL offroad lights which are bright as hell and I'm sure they cost a fortune. Most lights that you see folks with - are *driving lights*. Each state has its own laws on what makes them legal or not.

Here in PA - fog lights must be wired with low beams only. Driving lights must be wired to highbeams only. They also must be 20" apart (center to center).
But - to be completely honest? I've had a set of driving lights (PIAA's) on my 96 tacoma for years that were only 10" apart and I never got pulled over even when I did use them (which was rare). Now granted - for inspection, I had to either cover them up or disconnect them to pass (per my inspection tech).

I'm putting those same PIAA's on my bullbar when it gets here. I'm not even worried about getting pulled over. THe cops here tend to be more worried about tires that stick out past the flares.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

you could always use a good set of fog lights....hella,piaa, kc....just to name a few.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Here in PA - fog lights must be wired with low beams only. Driving lights must be wired to highbeams only. They also must be 20" apart (center to center).
But - to be completely honest? I've had a set of driving lights (PIAA's) on my 96 tacoma for years that were only 10" apart and I never got pulled over even when I did use them (which was rare). Now granted - for inspection, I had to either cover them up or disconnect them to pass (per my inspection tech)
Hey Janster, I just bought a set of Hella 500's, did you actually wire your lights through the highbeams. I want to be able to use them independantly from the headlights. When you say they had to be covered, do you mean hidden or covered with the plastic covers?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #13

evile's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at those 500's are they like that bright white color or are they the same as regular head lights just brighter

what i wanna do is put those really bright white bulbs in for the head lamps and fog lamps do they make those for driving lights to put on the bullbar?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #14

I don't know, I havn't installed them yet. I think like brighter headlights.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Hey Janster, I just bought a set of Hella 500's, did you actually wire your lights through the highbeams. I want to be able to use them independantly from the headlights. When you say they had to be covered, do you mean hidden or covered with the plastic covers?

its easy to wire them separately, and you'll be able to use them whenever you want to. thats how i will wire mine(when i finally wire them up in the next couple weekends when i get a chance). what kind of switch are you planning on using?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
what kind of switch are you planning on using?
The switch that came with the lights.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
The switch that came with the lights.

oh,ok. just wondering. the switch that i am gonna use is one i bought online for very cheap, and its actually for toyotas. here is where i got it from....

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/swi...ted_rocker.asp

and its the one at the bottom of the page; number hl96517. thought id post it incase you were interested. also wanna add, it should fit right into one of the free spaces in your truck(if you have any free....i had to trim one of mine just a bit to make it fit, but it looks awesome).
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #18

evile's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i think im gonna order those 500s
Old 02-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #19

Quote:
yeah i think im gonna order those 500s
nice!! which are you getting....driving or fog lights???
Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #20

evile's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno whats the difference proabably fog lights

Products Discussed in this Thread