1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Lock Programming

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mellow, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Feb 29, 2008 at 3:33 AM
    Mellow

Mellow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Ext Cab SR5 4-Cyl Prerunner
    I found the instructions here on how to program the door locks so they will lock when the key is put in the 'ON' position and unlock when the key is in the 'Lock' position.

However, I've tried it several time, like 10-15 times, and I can't get it to work.

So, my questions:

1 - will the instructions work for 2008 models?

2 - I only have the oem keyless entry, is that enough or was the alarm needed as well?

Thanks

2. Mar 1, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Waiting for the service dept. to call. If I get it I will post. I've used the info for my '99 and changed some features but they are not in the same order and #6 on the old was to be left alone. don't want to get to a point where I'm paying the dealer for a fix. Later.

3. Mar 2, 2008 at 5:41 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    The instructions you found were likely either the instruction for the VIP alarm (turn key off then on, open door lock or un-lock the doors etc), or the Gulf States Toyota port installed alarm (push the red button on the dash repeatedly etc)

In either case if you just have the factory keyless entry you are out of luck. There are no mods or button sequences that make the keyless entry operate like the other two alarm options.

On the Gen 1 trucks 04 and earlier you could re-program the keyless entry to do things like lock the doors when the ignition was on and un-lock when off and one press un-locked all the doors etc. However this is not possible with the gen 2 trucks.

Sorry

4. Mar 2, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I have changed some of the features already. You just can't use the remote with the new embedded keys and must use the lock button on the door panel for programming instead of the lock button on the remote fob. I just need the list of which step does what on the 2008's? Thanks

5. Mar 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    OK I figure your out checking to see if I'm full of it. Let me know what you found out. Later ;)

6. Mar 7, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Finally talked to a tech. for a Gulf States truck. He ran my vin. # and confirmed that I had a upgraded 3200 alarm and did not have a provision for the ignition on door lock feature. This is no longer an option on my '08 by programming either the alarm or the trucks main computer. If someone else knows better please post.
    If I had known that this upgrade was so limited I would have stayed with the included keyless entry on the TRD package and with a chip in the key nobody is taking your truck. Besides I have deactivated the 20 sec. headlight on feature during arm and disarm as well as the chirps anyway. Annoying as hell.

7. Mar 8, 2008 at 12:01 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I'm confused here. I've got the TRD keyless entry, but no alarm system. Will these instructions work?

8. Mar 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    What instructions? Your keyless with a fob, nothing more. No chirps? The chip in the key is your theft deterrent. No key, no start.

9. Mar 8, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    dbbd1

dbbd1 Well-Known Member

Member:

Here is a way to add a "beep" to your lock/un-lock, but there is nothing you can do about the programming.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221968

10. Mar 8, 2008 at 9:08 PM
    eyball

eyball Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    20 Double cab TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    I tried the "lock doors when ignition is turned on" programming on my 05 taco and my wifes 02 4runner and neither would work.

I was able to program my own remote fob for the 05 taco and the instructions I used had directions to program the fob to unlock just driver or all 4.

My wifes 4runner beeps when she locks it. Not sure if thats good though. I think I like the silent with just light flash.

11. Mar 8, 2008 at 9:50 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I printed out the instructions and tried this afternoon with no luck. I was trying to make the doors lock when the key is turned on. These instructions must be for gen1 or something other than TRD keyless entry.

12. Mar 8, 2008 at 10:53 PM
    eyball

eyball Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    20 Double cab TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    I dont think they work at all. My wifes 4runner is the old style with the old rectangle remote and it did not work in her truck either.

13. Mar 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:

Finally talked to a tech. for a Gulf States truck. He ran my vin. # and confirmed that I had a upgraded 3200 alarm and did not have a provision for the ignition on door lock feature. This is no longer an option on my '08 by programming either the alarm or the trucks main computer. If someone else knows better please post.
    If I had known that this upgrade was so limited I would have stayed with the included keyless entry on the TRD package and with a chip in the key nobody is taking your truck. Besides I have deactivated the 20 sec. headlight on feature during arm and disarm as well as the chirps anyway. Annoying as hell.

Should have added 2nd generation tacoma's from Gulf States anyway.

14. Mar 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Mine is a Gulf States truck. The instructions didn't work.

15. Mar 10, 2008 at 9:40 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    And they won't. It is no longer an option with either an alarm or keyless entry. On 2nd gen. tacoma's Gulf State trucks anyway.

16. Mar 14, 2009 at 11:10 PM
    jtaco

jtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07,trdOR,DC,4x4,v6,saw2.5s,OMEdakars,LRarms
    saw2.5s,AEMshortair,skyjackershocks,LRa-arms,OME dakars,Alpine,JL audio 6x9 3 way in front doors
  17. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    GC2010

GC2010 New Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Off Road
    Hi,

I've got a 2010 Tacoma, and for whatever reason, unlike the 06 taco that I swapped it for, it has the annoying feature of locking the doors on me after a few minutes, whether they are open or not. I got locked out at a gas station, when I threw the keys on the seat and closed the door.

Is there a way that I can disable the automatic lock security feature so that the doors only lock if the key fob is pressed or is there a timer that could be adjusted to 20 minutes or more?

Please help...
    Graham:confused:

18. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I have a 2010 and mine hasn't locked on me yet. Are you sure that's what's happening?
    The only thing I know about is that the truck will re-lock if you use the fob to unlock it but don't subsequently open a door in 30 seconds or so.

Products Discussed in

To Top