1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing new black headlight casing to taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomathunder, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    Has anyone bought the black headlight casings from ebay or some other store? If so, when you got them and installed them, was thee any aiming you had to do to the headlight itself, or do i just pop them in and im good to go?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:28 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Please don't buy the ebay casings. They look tacky and cheap. It also makes your headlights look like they belong on a 1st gen Xterra. Just do the BHLM, save the aggravation and have a better looking headlight to boot.

Neither modification involves adjusting the headlight because the reflector is not removed or changed in any way.

3. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i have the ebay ones and they look fine imo.saved me alot of time buying them.i think a $100 shipped.and yes u have to adjust them.not hard at all.both stock and after market r adjustable unlike the previous post said.

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    so what exactly did you do to adjust them?

5. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    turn the adjustment knobs just like the stock ones.

6. Dec 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Pics?

7. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    I agree, can we get some pics?

8. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the crappy black add ons over the lens. You are actually talking about the black headlights, I assume. Yes, they would need adjustment as previously stated.

9. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    Oh, yea, i am talking about the actual black headlights, like the ones that are black aroung the frame, not the lense

10. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    sorry no pics,but if u open your hood and look at the top of the headlight you'll see a hexnut with a washer that has ribs/notches attached to the hex nut.thats the verticle adjustment.the other is caddycorner to that.thats the horizonal adjustment.hope that helps.

11. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab

ok but how do you know when its at the right height and side-to-side?

12. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    well,i just pull up to(about 25 feet away) a buiding/garage door ect. and go from there.drive around the block (checking both high and low beams)and adjust until i feel comfortable with my adjustment.no big deal.

13. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    If you buy them, I will buy your OEM headlights. Let me know.

Products Discussed in

To Top