Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Garmin Nuvi 265wt mounting

Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
Garmin Nuvi 265wt mounting

Has anyone got any new mounting locations for their GPS? I want to get a bracket to mount it in so that both are easily removeable to deter theft.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
mines above rear veiw mirror stuck to the glass with factory suck cup.shhhhhhhh.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
wouldnt say it new, but mounted my gps in the very top left ( seated in seat left ) corner of front windshild. was able to run the power wire in the rubber seal along the door. Plus there its not easily seen, and mostly out of the sun so it doesnt bake. Actually since i put it there i havent removed it.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I seldom use my Garmin. But when I do I mount it down low on my windshield to the left of my radar detector.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
wouldnt say it new, but mounted my gps in the very top left ( seated in seat left ) corner of front windshild. was able to run the power wire in the rubber seal along the door. Plus there its not easily seen, and mostly out of the sun so it doesnt bake. Actually since i put it there i havent removed it.
I haven't figured out the power cord yet because my wife has had the GPS more than I have- but this is the same spot I use. You can't even tell it there from the outside when I put my sunshade in the window and it keeps it up on your primary view field but not right in front of you face.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #6
Pitt1552 is on a distinguished road
Pitt1552's Tacoma Gallery
i mounted mine in front of the cubby by the shifter. used the little plastic plate on the left inner portion of the cubby and then used the suction cup on there. able to tuck all of the wires and everything inside. only problem was that i needed to get a right angle plug to use the aux jack. had to play around w/ the positioning a bit to keep from hitting it when going into 5th, got about 1/2 inch of clearance. other than that it works great and is somewhat out of sight.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
When I am not using it I just put it in the center console. Problem solved
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Thomas, do you like your 265wt? I just got one and am going to get it hardwired.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen one mounted under the ac controls with velcro, it looks pretty good imo.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
2007TacBorla4X4 has a spectacular aura about2007TacBorla4X4 has a spectacular aura about2007TacBorla4X4 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Bob
2007TacBorla4X4's Tacoma Gallery
I took out the radio & ran the wire through the def vent , then put a cig lighter behind the radio & put a new rocker switchs in...I also did the same thing on 4Runner but I out a small hole in the JBL speaker grill....
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
No problems with any suction cups on my windshield. Clean the cup and windshild with some windex and allow it to dry and you should be fine.

My garmin (now upgraded to my Droid) is/was mounted in the bottom left of my windshield. This allows you to route wires up the door seal around the pillar and bring them out right next to your GPS. Thats what I've done for my droid now, aka super duper gps/internet radio/TacomaWorld browser/gaming system. :P
Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Magellan, using the factory mount minus the suction cup, I simply wedge the mount between the dash and steering column. Easy install/setup and removal.

Here are the pics;
Attached Thumbnails
Garmin Nuvi 265wt mounting-gps.jpg   Garmin Nuvi 265wt mounting-gps-side-view.jpg