Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tie down hooks on a 2010 PreRunner

Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
MTP is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
Tie down hooks on a 2010 PreRunner

I just bought my 2010 Tacoma PreRunner. It has two rotating hooks on the floor of the bid located near the tailgate. There are two holes in identical places near the other end of the bid.

Should there have been hooks in the front? Did someone forget to install them? Or, Is it just another add-on?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
They only come woth 2 at the rear. The holes up front are drain holes. You can install extra "D" rings in the bed.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh... I guess that makes sense. But It makes it almost impossible to tie a motorcycle down.

Are the rails and removable clamps strong enought to support a motorcycle?

Will you damage your bed by installing hooks in the front because of poor draining?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would definitely do the extra d-ring mod. I put a 4wheeler in mine and used the rails/cleats to secure it near the cab. The rails started to bend up and you could hear things cracking. I wouldn't trust that method if you plan on doing a lot of motorcycle hauling. It's just cheap plastic. Neat concept for the rails, but could be stronger.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=blowham;1181838]I would definitely do the extra d-ring mod.quote]

Does anyone know how much the extra d-ring's cost at a dealer. I was able to find them at an online store for 20 bucks, but the shipping was ten more.

Are they less than 30 bucks at the dealer?

These are the only places I could find them:

http://www.satoyotaparts.com/Scripts...dproduct=29603

http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt785-35054.html
Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Take out the bolt near the back window on the floor. Leave the drain holes alone.

You'll need to do a little work.

Install the new d-ring and you're set.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=MTP;1181864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
I would definitely do the extra d-ring mod.quote]

Does anyone know how much the extra d-ring's cost at a dealer. I was able to find them at an online store for 20 bucks, but the shipping was ten more.

Are they less than 30 bucks at the dealer?

These are the only places I could find them:

http://www.satoyotaparts.com/Scripts...dproduct=29603

http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt785-35054.html
Just call the dealer and ask what the price is, I don't think they are too much. If not them, then go with the ones from the armysurplus website.