Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fair price for tacoma?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
mbush is on a distinguished road
mbush's Tacoma Gallery
Fair price for tacoma?

Hey everyone, I just signed up for these boards and was wondering if I'm getting a fair price on 2010 tacoma prerunner. Options include Trd sport package, tow package, 6 disc CD, daytime running lights. Color is speedway blue. Location is texas if that matters. I just want to make sure I'm not getting hosed.

Hopefully I can take the truck home this weekend and start becoming an active member here. Thanks for any insight everyone.

(mods please move if in wrong forum)
Old 12-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
motopilot is on a distinguished road

motopilot's Tacoma Gallery
I think I am looking for the same truck, SPORT, CD, TOW, in 4dr 4x2. I have gotten some local OK pricing but there really is not alot of deals around here in FL at least. Guy at the dealership says they go out the door. But the one I am still looking at has been sitting for 3 weeks so far. I am just waiting for better deals, APR, etc. For the same as an '09 I am in no rush and just waiting. But everytime I see a taco, I want one so bad!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
mbush's Tacoma Gallery
woops, forgot that important info.

28k OTD

Also, the sales guy keeps using the term "drive out" price. I assume thats the same as OTD?
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
build one on toyota.com and see what the MSRP is.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
mbush's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
build one on toyota.com and see what the MSRP is.
It comes out to 27650, so I'd be paying close to msrp, but the OTD price includes sales tax (6.25) and fees. I was also offered free oil changes for the duration of my bumper to bumper warranty as well.

I can live with this price, but in my past experiences I've bought cars only to find out weeks later that others had payed much less, so thats why I'm asking you guys.

If anyone has recently bought a similar truck, would you let me know what you payed?
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i paid MSRP OTD for my reg cab. tax, title, reg. included
Old 12-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can live with this price, but in my past experiences I've bought cars only to find out weeks later that others had payed much less, so thats why I'm asking you guys.
Alot has to do with geography as well. Different parts of the country offer different incentives, etc. The question is do you feel good about the price you're paying and can you afford it? Do you feel good about the purchase?

These are the important questions, not whether you're getting screwed or not. If you are worried about that then I would suggest doing alot more research before buying or maybe you really aren't in love with the product.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Dunno, my 09 4x4 sport with jbl and tow was 28 otd. Check edmunds, kbb, see what they say for your area. I used edmunds to get a quote, at the end they had a "email local dealers" option and I did that. Internet sales seemed to be a much better deal than just walking in, as it's more competitive. I think you could knock a couple grand off that at least.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
mbush's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Alot has to do with geography as well. Different parts of the country offer different incentives, etc. The question is do you feel good about the price you're paying and can you afford it? Do you feel good about the purchase?

These are the important questions, not whether you're getting screwed or not. If you are worried about that then I would suggest doing alot more research before buying or maybe you really aren't in love with the product.
I realize the area is very important too. Thats why I'm hoping to compare more closely at those that bought their trucks in the same state. As I said, I'm okay with the price, I can afford it, and its definatley what I want. However, I don't know about you, but I don't like to just give away extra money to a dealer. That's why I'm looking to save as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
Dunno, my 09 4x4 sport with jbl and tow was 28 otd. Check edmunds, kbb, see what they say for your area. I used edmunds to get a quote, at the end they had a "email local dealers" option and I did that. Internet sales seemed to be a much better deal than just walking in, as it's more competitive. I think you could knock a couple grand off that at least.
I've been using edmunds as well to check prices. I actually used costco's auto buying program to initiate contact with a couple of dealers. Since then, I've been pitting the two against each other and so far the 28k price is the lowest i've got them.

Also, anyone know if these are legit fees

Total Locally Installed: $203.38
T.M.F.:$713.00
Delivery/Processing/Handling: $855.00
Base Vehicle Holdback: $473.00
PIO Holdback: $17.00
1% Financial Reserve MSRP: $236.00

Thanks again for all the quick replys.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's why I'm looking to save as much as I can.
That's where research comes into play. The truth of the matter is you will always be able to find someone who get's a better deal than you. There are too many variables. Figure out what you want to pay and be satisfied with your purchase.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
mbush's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
That's where research comes into play. The truth of the matter is you will always be able to find someone who get's a better deal than you. There are too many variables. Figure out what you want to pay and be satisfied with your purchase.
Thats very true. Someone always gets a better deal (than me). I just wanted wanted get a general idea about prices, but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #14
RickC is on a distinguished road
RickC's Tacoma Gallery
I would work with the internet/fleet sales person. Look at their invoice price and any dealer holdback they're getting from Toyota. With that info, you can pretty much get a decent price on your vehicle. I just bought a 2010 prerunner 4dr 4x2 offroad for $100 over their invoice. Tax is then based on that sales price.

I don't use the msrp for much.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I paid just under 29k OTD for my TRD Sport access cab 4x4.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
2010 DbCb Sport w/ towing pkg 4x2 for 28,700 OTD
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #17
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 09 in July and came in somewhat under (about $1000 under) the Edmunds True Market Value price. Go to their website to use that value calculator.

I struck the deal in May, though, when the market was in better shape than it was in late July or August.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbush View Post
woops, forgot that important info.

28k OTD

Also, the sales guy keeps using the term "drive out" price. I assume thats the same as OTD?
WTF! i got my brand new 07 access cab TRD sport prerunner for 21K OTD
Old 12-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
NathanArena1988 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
NathanArena1988's Tacoma Gallery
My dad paid almost 25 for an 09 with 5k miles on it Trd Hood Scoop and side steps. This is after taxes and all the fees
Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
Blue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Gregg
Blue Ten's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 29,730 in October for a 2010 DC 4x4 TRD OR with the 6-disc changer and tow package. Hope this helps.